I Have Seen The Light!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

This light I speak of is Multi-Poin Fuel Injection....
I just finish my MPFI swap on my 89 civic DX, it started first try and it threw a code, and I started to get panicy, but then it was code 5, so i went and looked at my vaccum diagram again saw i had mixed my map sensor hoses up on the throtlebody and that fixed it. I timed the car and everything, then took it out for a spin...
Holy shit it was like having a new motor!!!!!
The car hauls now, and even with the DX cam at wide open throtle it make a sweet noise espcially at 4000+ RPM. I am about to go meet up with a buddy who has a ZC in his 4G hatch and see how it compares...
To all you 4th gen DX or STD owners, I highly recommed this mod... I thought it was going to give me the same power gain as adding an intake i was way wrong.

sounds cool mane! i hope i can get a swap sometime durring the summer, if i ever get a job..maybe you can help if you come down sometime this summer?

Originally posted by 90 accord@Mar 21 2003, 11:53 PM
sounds cool mane! i hope i can get a swap sometime durring the summer, if i ever get a job..maybe you can help if you come down sometime this summer?

for sure i am down... I will be in Arizona most of june, damn it will be hot then.

THe dx fuel injection sucks. It is the best mod, other than an engine swap, that a 4th gen dx owner can do to his car.

Originally posted by jeff@Mar 22 2003, 03:08 PM
THe dx fuel injection sucks. It is the best mod, other than an engine swap, that a 4th gen dx owner can do to his car.

for sure....

I will post my pics of the swap tomarrow...

Nice. Did you take enough pics to write a DIY article on it?

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Mar 22 2003, 03:14 PM
for sure i am down... I will be in Arizona most of june, damn it will be hot then.

sounds good. AZ isn;t to bad in june, but thank god i have a good a/c. lol. august sucks here, thats when it hits 115 daily.

Back