I need help on a ECU!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

superlude1996

Hey i just put a D16Z6 in my wifes 92 honda civic cx Hatchback. Well i need to now if there is something i need to do to the ecu that was hooked up to the d15. :confused:The wire harness came with the motor and of course i did install it as well. the car runs fine but no VTEC. I have a p28 ecu sitting at the house but its for a Automatic. Her car is 5speed. and i know i have to put the right 02 sensor. I read the threads on here and couldnt find anything or pics on the ecu convert. Can anyone help? Any advice will be used. thank you

either get a 5 speed p28 or get of the other chipped or the p28 you have now converted to manual. imo id just get a 5 speed p28 though

well what i do when i chip a ecu like that you just completely wipe it clean and solter some new resistors in and put a chip in and tune it. all it is is a conversion kit just like converting a po6 to p28. only thing you wil have to do is run the vtec wire.

yah i would use ur p28 and then just run a vtec wire and it should solve ur problems, but what i would do it find someone to chip it for you (one of the guys above can obviosuly do it), i do my own and for my friends but no online orders =) and then jsut use chrome and put some z6 maps on there and it should run mint with vtec included =)

ff-squad.com has pretty much any diagram u will ever need.

here is a link for for the entire process it seems like alot of work but once u get down to it, it actually goes really fast just run the wire along the rest of them through the fire wall.

https://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/how-wire-vtec-40811/

good luck man if you have any more questions feel free to inquire =)

this link might also be helpful for you

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.92-95.jpg

i would use the p28 if i was you, but also what you should do since you have the p06 already i would goto "http://web.archive.org/web/20051222104335/http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/IntroductionToECUChipping#OBD1_ECU_chipping" then go on ebay order the chip and a roll of de-solder,goto home depot spend about 35 dollars on a solder iron, and a roll of solder(the thinest you can find, should say for electrical). Then just follow the instructions online and turn ur p06 into a p28 its super ez man and its something that always comes in handy. =)

yah i would use ur p28 and then just run a vtec wire and it should solve ur problems, but what i would do it find someone to chip it for you (one of the guys above can obviosuly do it), i do my own and for my friends but no online orders =) and then jsut use chrome and put some z6 maps on there and it should run mint with vtec included =)

if he used a p28 why would he have to it chipped, use chrome for anything, or have z6 maps put on it when thats the engine the p28 runs?! the only thing he would have to do is have his auto converted to maual. check out pearable.net, j-k-tuning.com, or xenocron.com. idk about prices but i believe they do it

Where do i run the vtec wire too and from? How long does it take? and do you know anywhere i can find pics on that?

you shouldnt have to run wires for vtec. i do believe 92's were already wired for vtec from the factory

Thank you very much. so i can use the p28 ecu or can i use the ecu thats in the car now. and run vtec wires? right? thanks again.

no you cant use the ecu thats in it. the fuel maps will be off and doesnt have vtec. just get the auto one you have converted or find a manual p28

no there is no wire run for vtec on a cx model.... so yah and you can chip a p28 i had mine chipped with a zif on it to, so you can do whatever you want to the ecu.

thanks for everyones help. i convert the p28 to a 5 speed and it works great. but the only problem i am having is the cel light is on. but i think that is from the o2 sensor. i still have the o2 from the 1.5 which is a 1 wire, i see there is a 4 wire plug. what do about that?

thanks for everyones help. i convert the p28 to a 5 speed and it works great. but the only problem i am having is the cel light is on. but i think that is from the o2 sensor. i still have the o2 from the 1.5 which is a 1 wire, i see there is a 4 wire plug. what do about that?

The only thing you can do is get a 4 wire o2 sensor and wire it up...or chip the P28 ECU you have, and disable the O2 heater in the chip.

Back