Ian's build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, you take everything so seriously, im not being a know it all or anything, just saying that these are used bars and ive never heard anything about anti seize

yea, i do especially when i seems like you are trying to knock my advice. just trying to help prevent you from possibly getting into the same situation im in. i have to remove mine and take them to full race to get new ones.

im not knocking your advice, just ive NEVER heard anyone say anyting about the need for anti seize. not in ANY threads on h-t, or even any posts made by FR. maybe yours are just cross-threaded or something.

im not knocking your advice, just ive NEVER heard anyone say anyting about the need for anti seize. not in ANY threads on h-t, or even any posts made by FR. maybe yours are just cross-threaded or something.

Ok. Maybe, but Anthony at full race said the heim joints do not come pre-coated in antiseize that this is something they do when the get a kit ready to ship.

Since I had to wait for the heims to come in and then for them to ship he said it seems like the got the heims, tossed four int he box and shipped so i wouldnt have to be waiting any longer. and in doing so, forgot to put anti seize on the threads.

it was just a helpful bit of advice, maybe something for you to check on before it does become a problem.

besides getting tuned, the crx is done :) got it all put back together and got the headgasket replaced along with a few other leaky gaskets. now it no longer leaks :)

tuning should be done in a few weeks. going to get tuned by SGT, supposedly a good tuner and he will tune crome. was gonna go with jeff evans on neptune, but hes charging around 600 for it all, and SGT will do probably just as good for 400 less. plus i think hes closer and not as booked as jeff.

hopefully i can see what kind of numbers this thing puts down. i took it out for a drive and this thing just rips. revs so fast, and throttle response is great. good torque too.

Last edited:
Get that bish tooned!

My father smokes crack!!

LMAO!!! that guy was sooo hammered. band was pretty decent though. tuning is set for sept 2nd, next weekend :)

w00t, more problems fixed.

was having some overheating problems. my autometer guage was pegged at 250ish and the fan wasnt comming on. so i replaced the thermostat and fan switch and viola, works like a charm now :) runs at about 195ish while driving, and gets up to about 210-215 before the fan comes on at idle :) im pleased.

now im gonna tow it to get tuned next weekend (dont want to take the chance something breaking on the 2 hour drive) im getting excited :)

got a chance to get this thing to the track yessterday.

tires: kumho MX @ 20 psi

car went 13.5 @ 106 w/ 2.1 60'

with traction this car is a 12 sec car. all on an OE parts bottom end. im very pleased with the results.

awesome time . sounds very similar to what my car might run. hey send me some pics of youo catch can. I'm having issues with my black canister leaking. I need to see how you ran yours. I actually would like to run it like yours. hit me up dude

black canister? your chacoal canister? thats not a catch can dude. its just there to filter the fumes the gas tank and feed them to the engine. its for emissions

no not that canister. the one behind the block. its leaking from the top and i wanna just put catch can. one for both the valve cover and block. Ever since i installed the stage2 cams oil is being sucked in through the air intake and into the intake mani. causing my throttle to stick. i also have alot of carbon build up in the plugs because of it.

I remember you using another outlet for the block. I just wana know what i can use to replace the black canister back there. 11.3.1 compression with S2S2 cams. I feel like my motor is being choked

you can see what i did in this picture

shortblock_assembly_back_of_block.jpg

i plugged the top small port (the one that goes into the top of that canister). i also plugged the drain of the canister back into the block. then i installed nipples in the places where plugs would usually be. routed those to my catchcan, and ill manually drain it.

Back