Initial D

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ah ok, best motoring. i'll search for it later. u should search for the N2 spec 86 that ate up N1 CTR. that was a good one.

You should tell me the names of the episodes .. so I can search an download them off of kazaa, i can't seem to d/l em fast enough =\

After watching one of the episodes I had to download all of them. I have the entire and complete series, 1st stage episodes 1 through 26, 2nd stage 1 through 13, and the 3rd stage movie. It is by far the best anime I've seen in awhile. I just finished watching the whole 1st stage its bad ass.

im a very big fan of Anime.. Initial D is by far one of the best animes out there.. its pretty realistic too.. and HachiRoku means 86 in Japanese hence the name.. anyway, they were never meant to be fast.. drifting is about handling more than power.. and the 86 GTS only came with a 4A-GZE 150hp motor.. and the reason why their popular is they're cheap, handles well, and just cheap.. btw, you guys should check out Legends of Speed 2.. its a Hong Kong type movie, but racing.. so that means no Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon flying fighting scenes.. just about (Mine's) WRXs Vs (RalliArt) EVOs..

ill have to DL that... BTW chris, i just found a guy that is willing to give me his ae86 gts for next to nothing... or dare i say it? FREE! im seriously thinkin about havin it as a beater... that would be tuff :)

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Feb 27 2003, 03:08 AM
funny you say that... the two that beat the r34, one of them had 200 hp and the other had 165 :) i got the video from kazaa though, search for best motoring, its 2 corollas and a skyline (thats what the video was called)

i have that.. they have 200 PS and 165 PS , whatever that is in HP.. the 165PS car won, skyline driver really sucked though.

yeah i have that video too.. ( Trueno vs R34).. but its not a very good comparison because;
first of all, the ae86s looked heavily modified (as in gutted out and suspension upgrades) and the GTR looked bone stock.. not sure forgot because deleted the video..
second, the two drivers for the ae86 looked almost pro or some what avid drivers (heel and toeing) and the pilot of the GTR looked like a friggin geek.. overweight, thick glasses, and crocked teeth (no driving skills).. he was in the lead for a bit but lost..
i drive pretty much like the geek btw... :D cant heel and toe for shit.. anyway just my two cents

165ps is 165hp, and so friggin what, a mclaren f1 lm can be stock and beat the pants of everybody... who cares if they were stock, they are almost 20 year old cars with 4 bangers, no turbos, and no AWD, and how do you judge the ability of a driver by how he looks? miss cleo? the glasses were a JOKE, you can buy them at spencers gifts... the thing is this... the skyline is a bad ass car, and it got its ass handed to it by 2 cars as old as i am almost, with much less HP, i chalk it up to the ae86

actually i believe the 4A-GZE came with a supercharger putting in the category with turbos

my bad i mixed it.. the 4A-GE came in the MR2 AND the Levin and the 4A-GZE came only in the MR2 Supercharged.. anyway, no doubt the Levin showed up the GTR and its a great car, but in my opinion it had to do alot with the drivers too.. i mean if i was in the GTR and Mario Andretti was in the Levin, i would get spanked.. and if i was in the ae86 and he was in the GTR, i would still get spanked.. so i think driving skills is important too.. :unsure:

of course driving skill matters, but you're taking away from my dreams of owning a hachi roku, shhhh let me bathe in it lol

haha yeah so you can drift against a 4 door civic? (from one of the stages, forgot which one) and deliver tofu ? :D actually, there is one around where i live that looks like the Shingo version except its red and black, not white and black.. and he delivers for Entre Express.. :lol: considence? or too much Initial D? you decide..

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Feb 28 2003, 12:51 PM
ill have to DL that... BTW chris, i just found a guy that is willing to give me his ae86 gts for next to nothing... or dare i say it? FREE! im seriously thinkin about havin it as a beater... that would be tuff :)

if u can get it for cheap then i say go for it! saves alot on insurance, cheap to register! just know wut ur getting into! u have to do a serious swap just to get 160hp. or u can go sr20det or f20c (gotta keep that honda reliability)

a while back a friend and i were talking about swaps doable for the 86, and i came up with an idea, sure it would take a hell of a lot of work... but why couldnt i drop a TRD tundra v8 in it? i mean come on... you know what kind of track beast that would be?!?! that or the obvious, 2jz-det, or hell, a 1jz, or even a 7m! i dunno... if i get it ill prolly do the supercharged mr2 swap, but i doubt ill get it, im droppin too much cash into the prelude to afford anything else right now :\

for the track? non of them. they are too heavy for that car. the rear end wont be able to handle that kind of power either. same goes with the frame. for the sr20det swaps they have to beef up the rear end , esp if they start boosting the crap out of it. the f20c was able to keep the stock rear end (kouki).

4agze is a good/relatively cheap way to go. jsut know u will be limited on ur revs to about 7k max, the charger wont take much more than that.

well chances are if i dropped that kind of money to drop that big of an engine in there, id get subframe connectors, a lightweight drive shaft and a ford 9 inch rear end... it would be strictly drag, but wouldnt it be funnnnn?

Back