insurance thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy shit $600 a month? Full coverage I'm hoping?

I emailed progressive and asked if they would price match (or at least come close) to Geico's pricing. Maybe I can stay and get a better price :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello, My renewal is up soon (4/1). I did a little shopping around and was able to secure a WAY better price at Geico (6 Month Premium: $983.50 can supply a quote if necessary) vs my current renewal price of $1663. Additionally, That was dropping to a $500 deductible on all 3 vehicles on my policy vs the $1000 i currently have with Progressive. However, I''ve been a Progressive customer for a long time now and am very happy with my service you folks have provided me. Frankly, I''m quite torn to leave. But, in these tough times, every penny counts. I wondering if you guys can match, or at least come close, to the Geico price. If it was $50 or $100, I wouldn't even consider leaving. But for $700, it''s the reasonable choice to make. I appreciate anything you guys can do. Thanks, Brian
[/FONT]

Maybe they'll get me a better rate :)

By admitting you'll stay for 50 or 100 dollars more, you just gave up 100 dollars. I predict their estimate will be exactly 100 dollars more than Geico.

Here's how it should have read:"Beat this price or I'm gone, bitches!"

The only insurance company I have ever had to file a claim with was State Farm. It was years ago, but the service was pretty good. I currently have progressive and have never had to use their claims department since switching to them, but a few of my friends that have used them said things went smoothly.

I've heard a few good things about Geico coverage, but again - never heard anything about claims.

I have Safety right now, and no issues - but the price is a bit steep. $1100/yr for full coverage on an 04' Sentra. Granted, its full including gap, but I've seen quotes for 890/900ish.

1) You get what you pay for. Geico is known for shitty claim service
2) Progressive won't price match, nor will any insurance company. There's really no such thing as a "loyalty" discount in the Property & Casualty sector of insurance.

Check out Liberty Mutual ;)

i have Geico but i've never had to file a claim yet.. they dont seem too bad

State Farm rocks. If you are the type of guy to buy insurance without talking to an actual agent then I guess that is your perogative. I am paying 137.xx a month for my civic, my wifes trailblazer, my life insurance policy, my homeowners and all of her jewlery. I have 100.00 deducts on both vehicles as well. You should call a local agent to see what they can do for you. A shitty website on their end is no reason for you to piss away your hard earned money if you can get a better rate with them. I have never had an issue and my rate have never increased - even after having the civic broken into three times.

Last edited:
lol

Mr. C__
I'm sorry that you don't want to renew your Progressive policy.

For personal assistance with your re-quote request, please call us at 1-866-416-2003.

Sincerely,

Tom B.
Progressive Internet Representative

guess they don't really care

they care, they just want to make sure you aren't blowing smoke.

I've ha geico since 1999, nothing could touch them with coverage, never had a problem with claim service.....

lol

guess they don't really care

I don't get it. Do you have a phobia of calling and talking to a live human being? I would call a local agent for any of the places your thinking about going with so that you get a current quote based on where you are and local rates/taxes/etc since they change by region. Do you even have an agent you can call? I do I can call him right now and with in 5 minutes he can tell me how some change will affect my rates. All of this is assuming he is in his office and not on lunch. His name is Mike has a milf secretary and is an all around nice guy.

agents are just re-sellers who take a profit/cut for the lead. It's generally cheaper to simply order online.

So your telling me if I call my state farm agent and get a quote and then go online and get a quote from SF I will get two different numbers?

rofl. worse one yet.

$4,508.00 /year

I just switched to Liberty because Geico isn't available in Mass

$1225/year on the Z and CRX together (obviously full coverage on the Z)

Back