Diet thread, Smoothies and Juices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This morning I weighed in at 185 pounds. I've done cardio 3 times this week. Treadmill/stationary bicycle. Hopefully I'll get a nice run around the lake for 6 miles.

If you guys want to watch a really interesting show on health and obesity in the U.S., the movie "Fed Up" is great. It's really made me pay attention to the sugar going into my diet.

Any lifting in there or ya going to be skinny fat?

Lifting. Mostly heavy lifting, low reps followed by the cardio.

The goal for me here is 80% lose body fat and 20% to lose weight. I want to get lean and healthy to compete again. If I still weighed 190 at the end of the month but lost 3% body fat, it would be a success.

What kind of times are you putting in while doing cardio? Do you do any intervals?

What kind of times are you putting in while doing cardio? Do you do any intervals?
Word. I'd go to all intervals if you're trying retain mass. Think sprints and not runs, etc. Also super set lifting, ie cross fit style etc.

Cardio and low rep / high weight are two different activities. Anabolic state vs catabaolic state. You can't gain strength and lose weight very easy unless you're pretty far from being actually fit.

Waiting for @totalburnout to chime in, as I follow him on FB, etc and he's got it going on.

Yesterday on the treadmill i did 45 minutes of 1 minute sprint, 1 minute walk. Completed exactly 4 miles. Bicycle was all high pace until I burned out.

I haven't caught up in the thread but I saw I was tagged.

I'm still training (myself) and all of the clients (along with my wife and 4 other trainers and 3 interns) for the gym that we own.

Newbie gains are the most fun period in a lifters/exercisers career. You can gain a significant amount of muscle and increase strength all while dropping bodyfat and not having to be psychotic with your diet.

After those first 3-6-9-12 months and maybe even the first 2 years, everything is much more difficult and has to become much more well thought out and planned or you'll not only stop progressing but also begin regressing.

Number one mistake I encounter is newbies that lost say 20lbs or put 20lbs on their bench, so therefore they think they know what works. When in reality, had they done things correctly, they probably would have seen double the results but in the beginning, DOING ANYTHING consistently, will get some sort of results.

11885305_995633900499888_2441646247324011325_n.jpg

I haven't caught up in the thread but I saw I was tagged.

I'm still training (myself) and all of the clients (along with my wife and 4 other trainers and 3 interns) for the gym that we own.

Newbie gains are the most fun period in a lifters/exercisers career. You can gain a significant amount of muscle and increase strength all while dropping bodyfat and not having to be psychotic with your diet.

After those first 3-6-9-12 months and maybe even the first 2 years, everything is much more difficult and has to become much more well thought out and planned or you'll not only stop progressing but also begin regressing.

Number one mistake I encounter is newbies that lost say 20lbs or put 20lbs on their bench, so therefore they think they know what works. When in reality, had they done things correctly, they probably would have seen double the results but in the beginning, DOING ANYTHING consistently, will get some sort of results.

Shit I put up an extra twenty pounds on bench and it just makes me worried about how shit my form is and when am I going to hurt myself on squats. I know just enough to know I don't know shit about serious lifting or heating right. Right now I am trying to focus on cutting sugar out and getting my Strong Lifts 5x5 done every week.

Back