Diet thread, Smoothies and Juices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's a
Or just drink 16 ounces of water before that. I was thinking that it was a really heavy drink.Sounds good though. lol
it's a real heavy drink lol...certainly doesn't require any more substance. Fits in a Pint glass(a real English pint glass, not the American Pint glass). I guess everyone is different.

The trick to staying full for me--
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09YG3V6ZBPZN7KFRQJPS

I put about a tbsp in with my protein shake (which is usually a combo of 15-20g protein powder, flax, and some 'super greens' in unflavored almond milk ) it's a little gritty, but it works mint. good omega 3's, high soleable fiber, not gassy or bloaty. The greens are a quick easy way for my late non-morning ass to get some nutrients in me before leaving.

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass-Green-SuperFood-17-oz/dp/B0038B3AAK/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1437661539&sr=1-1&keywords=super+greens&pebp=1437661546992&perid=0PEY8562WG04XYFD6BF4

my sister is a hug fan of the Amazing Grass...I've had it quite a few time...doesn't mix well at all stirring it but never tried to blend it

:thumbup:
dropped 80lbs in just over a year doing that
Damn, 80lbs is some serious weight! What did you get down to? That is amazing. I had trouble breaking through the 200lb barrier myself. Seems like I leveled off, I should have probably done more exercise.

I also eat a ton of nuts now, they are quite filling.

Dam I'm not sure when you people are drinking your smoothies but how are they filling you up until lunch? I drink mine around 6:30-7am and I'm hungry around 10am. I usually tough it out until lunch or eat a granola bar to hold me over until lunch.
i drink mine at about 7:45... lunch is at 1:30 (desk job)... im usually good till lunch, if i do get hungry ill usually have a carrot or something around 11:30-noonish to hold me over
as far as what i put in it, im pretty much drinking a large kale salad for breakfast ... i put a little pineapple(10 chunks, about 1.5oz??), 3 "blops" of plain greek yogurt (about 1/3 cup), a fuck ton of kale (2 hand fulls, 3oz or so), some spinach (one hand full, about .7oz), some pom/oj (4oz each), and a banana (1 med-lg), i also throw a little matcha (powdered green tea leaves), spirulina (blue algae), and grape seed extract powder... occasionally ill put some frozen fruit or berries in there when i want to mix it up a bit

I compared both and watch a bunch of shit on youtube. It was a tossup until I had a friend from BJJ tell me he bought the Vitamix after the Blendtec and he prefers it. In the end, the extra cash wasn't a big deal. Amortize $50-$100 more over 5-7 years and it's what, $.15 smoothie. (10 smoothies a month for 5 years. ymmv)
you really cant go wrong with either one :thumbsup:
and yeah didnt come down to price at all... when you get to the point of spending over $300 on a blender you are beyond hemming and hawing over another $50-100

Damn, 80lbs is some serious weight! What did you get down to? That is amazing. I had trouble breaking through the 200lb barrier myself. Seems like I leveled off, I should have probably done more exercise.

I also eat a ton of nuts now, they are quite filling.
went from 270 to 190... my highest ever was 287 but i dont remember when that was... i got back down to about 250ish then slowly worked my way back up through the 260s and hit 270 again and said fuck this i need to do something drastic... so i set a goal of dropping 80lbs then figured id re-evaluate when i got there... knew of a few people who had good luck with the paleo thing but didnt really know anything about it... found 2 things that helped me a lot... this pic made it kinda fun and fool proof... this page explained it well in a way i was able to understand and made sense to me... so i took the advice on that page and gave it 30 days to evaluate it...
the first 50 came off pretty quick... the last 10 took for damn ever... started walking after about the first 10lbs or so because i had a bunch of energy and i needed to do more than sit at a desk... then id walk farther, faster... then started jogging a little (not really sure how that happened, i hate running i just found myself doing it one day and it kinda felt like the right thing to do)... after about 50lbs i started biking again... got pretty into the biking... ended up doing 1130 miles between july and the end of the year last year... bought a badass set of rollers so i can ride inside in the winter/shitty weather... weight loss actually slowed a shit ton when i started biking... building muscle i suppose... after i hit 190 i got a new bike (my reward to myself)... so far im at about 2000 miles this year been averaging about 300 miles per month... did my first group ride in May, ended up doing 96 miles... looking forward to doing a 100 mile ride by the end of the season this year... really like this biking stuff :)
as far as the wight loss goes, im probably going to go for another 20 i think (170)... kinda relaxing for now hovering in the 190-195 range
all in all it was really easy... im kinda pissed at myself for not doing it a long time ago

**edited to add biking/paleo-ish info**

Last edited:
Fucking awesome E, that is a great achievement! Love the flow chart for Paleo.

Bought this for my diet. apparently it's lean, tasteless, and great for protein. Normally I would dump in protein powder, but it's usually flavored and 99% contain some sort of soy. I want my gf to participate with me and she's allergic to soy.

276_thumbnail_image.jpg

If by man boobs, you mean rock hard peck's in my case then yes. :p

enjoy it while you can. when you get married next year, you're going to be squishier than...well...Squishy. :lmao:

On saturday I went and did a hydrostatic body fat testing. I'm right around 6'1" tall and weighed in at exactly 190 pounds. Body fat measured in at 21.05%. This is higher than it would have been 6 months ago, but the back injury really took me out of the gym.

The hardest part is going to be when my girlfriend wants to eat meals. Last night she got Thai food and it smelled awesome. Lattes with cream and sugar are going to be hard to give up as well. I also drink at least 1 Diet Coke per day during the week.

Cuts:
Lattes
Diet Coke
Noodles

Adds:
Spinach
Fruit
Flaxseed

Breakfast smoothie, 32 ounces:
Banana
Almond milk
Greek Yogurt
Flaxseed
Peanut butter
Egg whites
Cocoa powder
smoothie.jpg

How'd it taste? I want to switch up the breakfast and lunches.

Kylie and I tried some protein smoothies at costco at one of those roadshow deals last night. She loved it and was like, we should do this for breakfast!Last few months bfast it has been greek yogurt and fruit, but I cheat. And often get breakfast burrito's.

But I'm going to wait and register for a vitamix, versus buy one right now. Nick can get it for me for my wedding present next year. :)

How'd it taste? I want to switch up the breakfast and lunches.

Kylie and I tried some protein smoothies at costco at one of those roadshow deals last night. She loved it and was like, we should do this for breakfast!Last few months bfast it has been greek yogurt and fruit, but I cheat. And often get breakfast burrito's.

But I'm going to wait and register for a vitamix, versus buy one right now. Nick can get it for me for my wedding present next year. :)

It was good, could have been better though. I put too much peanut butter in it. I'll have to work on the recipes. The non-soy protein is a pain in the ass. I can't add most chocolate or vanilla powders since the gf is allergic.

The vitamix is awesome. Definitely register for it. It's funny, i got the certified reconditioned one, even the COO gives them out as gifts. https://lifeisnoyoke.com/certified-reconditioned-vitamix-blenders/

Back