internals

92hatchb

What is the best d series piston and rod that I can put into my d15b7. I am building it up for a mini-me, i'm trying to push around 250bhp. I also need to know if i can put a d16z6 crankshaft into my d15b7 block. I am probably going to go with 1st gen integra rods and pistons if they are in good shape other wise i'll go with JE pistons. if any one else knows a better combination for me please let me know. Also i need some ideas for a camshaft and cam gear for the d16z6. I know its only a d series motor and you are probably going to say that its more trouble then it worth and that I should just swap a b series motor into it, but this is what I am going to do. Any help would be awesome thanks alot.

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
If you want to try and swap crankshafts, you really should just drop a whole D16Z6 in there- it'll be less trouble and probably less money. Buy some Eagle rods and Wiseco pistons, then tune it. Maybe a ZEX cam? Are you building this for boost or natural aspiration?

92hatchb

I am building the mini-me for all motor. No turbo, super, or NOS. Maybe later on but now 250bhp all motor. If endyn makes pistons for the d16z6 then i can put those in my motor because they are the same bore and stroke as the ZC and the ZC pistons were recomended for doing this setup.

92hatchb

Do i Have an oil control jet in my block, I have a d15b7 because the d16z6 head already has one in it. I don't want to mess my shit up thanks.

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Originally posted by 92hatchb@Dec 19 2002, 09:56 PM
Do i Have an oil control jet in my block, I have a d15b7 because the d16z6 head already has one in it. I don't want to mess my shit up thanks.

There should be an oil control jet in between pistons 2 and 3 in the top of the block. Remove it if it's there.

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
250 horse all motor from a d-series???

I got $100 on it never happeening.

seriously dude, its going to cost you 10 grand to come close to those numbers.... you might as well swap