Is it possible to unchip my pos mugen?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

im tired of this 4400 vtec bs on my pr3 and running out of gas money. Or do i need to buy a new ecu? Ill be going p28 hondata eventually but want a temporary fix.

Cut the j1 jumper. Pretty sure that will work...it does for p28/p30 ecus. And assuming the pr3 is for the motor that is in your car.

Originally posted by BigBoy@Jun 27 2005, 10:32 PM
im tired of this 4400 vtec bs on my pr3 and running out of gas money. Or do i need to buy a new ecu? Ill be going p28 hondata eventually but want a temporary fix.
[post=517165]Quoted post[/post]​

your pr3 is more than likely socketed, meaning you can change the chip at will. So just find someone to make you a base map or get the stock chip from shops that just throw them away after they chip someone computer.

your pr3 is more than likely socketed, meaning you can change the chip at will. So just find someone to make you a base map

Yeah, if it is socketed then you can do that also.

or get the stock chip from shops that just throw them away after they chip someone computer.

I'm pretty sure the pr3 is like a p28 or p30. You don't take out the original chip. All you do is add a new one on a different location of the board. But for that new chip to be used you have to solder in a jumper in hte J1 location of the board. Your ecu will become stock if you cut that jumper.

If it is an OBD1 PR3 then it is basically the same as a P28 or OBD1 P30. Cut J1 and you are back on the stock maps.

However, if it an OBD0 PR3 the old ROM was removed, a socket was soldered in, and a new chip was installed.

If this is the case you will need to get a new chip with the stock PR3 maps to return your ECU to stock.

-kenji

Back