is there a difference in a a1 and ys1 tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just wondering cause my a1 took a dump on me and i was going to swap my ys1 in my 90 integra. will i run into any problems?

The a1 has longer gearing then the ys1. Not only would it fit but your acceleration would improve. Your mpg would suffer slightly but I don't think it would be noticeable since you'll be ripping first gear anyway now.

It came stock in the XSi Integra that was powered by the XSi B16.

I was just looking in the reference section and your right. There were two YS1s. Why make different transmissions with the same code though? weird.

i know right? i was so exited the first time i seen the little orange sticker on there and it said ys1. but oh well. i got my tranny in and everything bolted up fine. still didnt help my problem tho. i lowered the car and now it acts like somthing is binding or grabbing but nothing is rubbing or nothing. it has a strong hesitation under acceleration. does anybody know what this could be? ive replaced cv axles, and tranny. nothing is rubbing

Back