i've posted a bunch of houses before....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by phyregod+Aug 4 2005, 05:03 PM-->
That house is FUGLY.

179k for that shit? Damn, you need to move. Come to TX. Buy a 4 bedroom 3 bath brick two story home with a fucking pool. A NEW house at that.. I cant... Damn...
[post=535857]Quoted post[/post]​

only queers and steers come fom texas.... lol j/k. but really i have no desire to move south, and work for less wage. i'd rather make more, pay more to live, but everything i buy online is like dirt cheap to me instead of mad loot.

Blanco
@Aug 4 2005, 05:05 PM
This looks like a good house for you, dude. Looks like a bit of a fixer-upper from the pictures. One thing that I have to point out, this is going to drastically changed your spending habbits. You won't be able to just buy what you want when you want it anymore. I only say this because that was a hard one for me to deal with when my disposable income got cut by more than half.
[post=535859]Quoted post[/post]​

understandable. but when i have a house, i won't need to blow cash to go out every night. i can stay at home and build shit, watch tv, whatever.... i only go out every night to get away from the rents and such...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2005, 04:14 PM
understandable. but when i have a house, i won't need to blow cash to go out every night. i can stay at home and build shit, watch tv, whatever.... i only go out every night to get away from the rents and such...

B's first step to becoming a hermit!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2005, 01:35 PM
ya know what, i'm moving it to the lounge.... theres no need to make this hidden. Clayton already has a house... lol
[post=535799]Quoted post[/post]​

But I'm still shopping, have an agent in Bristol and tomorrow off :)

-> Steve

And a bigger downpayment. Scare tactics !

It's all mine, MINE I TELL YOU! mwuahahahahahahah

:ph34r:

Can I have one last wish?

I want a redbull.

Don't forget tax. 180K home in this area would add an easy $100 a month for tax. if not more. My partnets house is close to $4000 a year for taxes.

slap that sucker right on top of your mortage payment.

Go for it B...and if you don't get it...then I'm sure Celerity will get it...

looks like a place to do some major burnouts at... :p

also... my taxes are sitting about $660 every 4 months....your's will prolly be close to it for that place...

no yard=no need for a riding beer holder.... :lol:

good luck... :)

Sweet B get that shit, i need a place to live ;) hows $250/m :) okok 350/m cause i need a spot for thevette in the winter ;)

let me go look at the thing first.... and then actually buy the thing... before i start saying what rent is. lol

Originally posted by reckedracing+Aug 4 2005, 12:42 PM-->
you guys have all the cool threads hidden don't you?~!?!?!?
bastards
lol
[post=535801]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh? :blink: Me no understand...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 4 2005, 12:56 PM
i just ran a mortgage calculator... with 20k down, and paying it for asking price at 5.5%, its about 880/month.

sweet :)
[post=535805]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. That's much cheaper than my payment, and my closing price was much lower.

pissedoffsol
@Aug 4 2005, 03:14 PM
only queers and steers come fom texas.... lol j/k. but really i have no desire to move south, and work for less wage. i'd rather make more, pay more to live, but everything i buy online is like dirt cheap to me instead of mad loot.
[post=535862]Quoted post[/post]​

:p

It definitely looks nice! What's up with that appraisal price though? It's really low compared to the asking price.

i was gonna mention tax.

CT must be a whole lot cheaper than NJ or PA. Cause the house in NJ is probably 5-6k a year, PA was about 4-5k. I dunno how my g-ma does it.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Aug 5 2005, 12:58 AM-->
Don't forget tax. 180K home in this area would add an easy $100 a month for tax. if not more. My partnets house is close to $4000 a year for taxes.

slap that sucker right on top of your mortage payment.
[post=535997]Quoted post[/post]​

sure. but once you own a house, your actual taxes you pay to the gov't are less. i can itemize now. so while it may be 2500 in taxes, i'll be able to write off like 3-5k off my salary as well.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 5 2005, 01:56 AM
also... my taxes are sitting about $660 every 4 months....your's will prolly be close to it for that place...
[post=536022]Quoted post[/post]​

1800 a year... thats not bad. i bet this hosue will be more. at least 2k. but like i just said, i'll be getting a write off with ownership as well, so it sorta equals out.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 5 2005, 10:51 AM
Wow. That's much cheaper than my payment, and my closing price was much lower.

how much did you put down though? and at what %?

It definitely looks nice! What's up with that appraisal price though? It's really low compared to the asking price.
[post=536133]Quoted post[/post]​

always is. the appraisal is done by the assor's office for tax purposes. its generally 60% of the asking price, ish.

92civicb18b1
@Aug 5 2005, 10:56 AM
CT must be a whole lot cheaper than NJ or PA. Cause the house in NJ is probably 5-6k a year, PA was about 4-5k. I dunno how my g-ma does it.
[post=536141]Quoted post[/post]​

taxes are done by the city, not the state.

660 x 4 = 2640

months in a year = 12

every 4 months = 4 times a year...hence quarterly taxes...

4 payments a year to a city that throws a 4th of july fireworks show that prolly costs more than $150K's, and the cops drive around in new SUV's.... :angry:

4x3 = 12 dude.

every 3 months is quartly taxes.
every 4 months is 3rdly taxes.

math > you

Although it has a huge garage, that house looks like complete shit from the outside, and I'm not a fan of it being on a main drag.

I wouldn't buy it or even consider it but then again I'm all about greenbelt and a lot of grass.

sure, its not pretty.

but it will work for me for now...

i haven't even gone to look at it yet. still waiting on my freaking realtor to get back to me.

5 years or so, i'll be looking for something else probably....

shit....I'm paying every 3 months instead of 4....thats why I'm broke lately... :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 5 2005, 12:24 PM
how much did you put down though? and at what %?
[post=536238]Quoted post[/post]​

$8k, and 6.375%, so it's actually quite a big difference between your $20k and 5.5%... but not enough to make yours cheaper than mine. I'd be surprised if you can get 5.5% though- interest rates are going up, and the lowest lowest rate I saw anywhere for new buyers when I was searching for mortgage loans was around 5.5%.

-----

Oh wait I just thought of this... your calculated payment of $880 a month probably doesn't include your insurance and property taxes, right? The payment I was talking about does- my straight up mortgage payment without anything else riding on it is just under $700 a month.

It'd be cooler if all 5 bays were connected, they don't look like they are in the pictures.

But 5 bays is 5 bays.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 4 2005, 09:21 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 4 2005, 01:35 PM
ya know what, i'm moving it to the lounge....  theres no need to make this hidden.  Clayton already has a house...  lol
[post=535799]Quoted post[/post]​

But I'm still shopping, have an agent in Bristol and tomorrow off :)

-> Steve

And a bigger downpayment. Scare tactics !
[post=535937]Quoted post[/post]​

Bristol's prices are well known to be good, but the Valley is known to be bad.. and I don't why, it's only a certain few houses that are off the wall. The valley has got a ton of decent and good starter homes for sale at ok prices. That said, I'll rent a bay from you for storing a car.

It would be neat, we could keep our Autocross cars there, meet up in the morning, pick em all up and go 5 mins to the track

-> Steve

Back