i've posted a bunch of houses before....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Calesta+Aug 5 2005, 07:42 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 5 2005, 12:24 PM
how much did you put down though? and at what %?
[post=536238]Quoted post[/post]​

$8k, and 6.375%, so it's actually quite a big difference between your $20k and 5.5%... but not enough to make yours cheaper than mine. I'd be surprised if you can get 5.5% though- interest rates are going up, and the lowest lowest rate I saw anywhere for new buyers when I was searching for mortgage loans was around 5.5%.

most the loans around here are 5.5-5.75% at most banks. plus, i have dang good credit, so that helps the rate a lot. again, this is just an estimator. i have no lon out or anything...

-----

Oh wait I just thought of this... your calculated payment of $880 a month probably doesn't include your insurance and property taxes, right? The payment I was talking about does- my straight up mortgage payment without anything else riding on it is just under $700 a month.
[post=536365]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, that was pure house. no tax or anything like that.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Aug 5 2005, 11:00 PM
It'd be cooler if all 5 bays were connected, they don't look like they are in the pictures.

agreed, but space is space.

make the big garage the work shop area, and use the others for storage/parking.

Celerity
@Aug 6 2005, 12:49 AM
That said, I'll rent a bay from you for storing a car.

It would be neat, we could keep our Autocross cars there, meet up in the morning, pick em all up and go 5 mins to the track

[post=536462]Quoted post[/post]​

lol- i think all my bays are already rented out... and i don't even have a place to park or work either. lol

and all of this would be useful IF you actually CAME to auto cross. I ahven't seen you at one in what, 3 years? lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 5 2005, 11:57 PM
most the loans around here are 5.5-5.75% at most banks. plus, i have dang good credit, so that helps the rate a lot. again, this is just an estimator. i have no lon out or anything...

yeah, that was pure house. no tax or anything like that.
[post=536473]Quoted post[/post]​

Your credit is most likely better than mine- I had a bad spot or two while I was unemployed last year. Go get approved and lock in an interest rate if you're serious about buying though- they're going up!

$880/mo for pure house at that price isn't all THAT bad, especially in your area.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 6 2005, 12:57 AM-->
@Aug 6 2005, 12:49 AM
That said, I'll rent a bay from you for storing a car.

It would be neat, we could keep our Autocross cars there, meet up in the morning, pick em all up and go 5 mins to the track

[post=536462]Quoted post[/post]​

lol- i think all my bays are already rented out... and i don't even have a place to park or work either. lol

and all of this would be useful IF you actually CAME to auto cross. I ahven't seen you at one in what, 3 years? lol
[post=536473]Quoted post[/post]​

Holy shit, it has been long, hasn't it. 4Runners don't autocross too well, my parents use the Civ more than I do and my CRX isn't anywhere near ready. Wow, that sucks. The time flies.

I did 2 autocrosses last year. The second and third of the year (one CART and one FCSCC) and I did the last 4 of 2003, before I done blowed up the CRX.

-=> S

steve if you want it, the house is all yours. i drove by it today real slow.... and its just too much work involved for it... and i'm too lazy.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 6 2005, 02:55 PM
steve if you want it, the house is all yours. i drove by it today real slow.... and its just too much work involved for it... and i'm too lazy.
[post=536649]Quoted post[/post]​

anything under 200K will be too much work.

Shit in MD most of the listings under 200K are for lots with a 80 year old house that you can't enter.

land land land

Yeah, you just can't finance land. If it were up to me, I would buy land and put up a monolithic dome and a steel building for a garage. Maybe someday.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 6 2005, 04:05 PM-->
too much work for the price? Or just a handyman's special ?
[post=536656]Quoted post[/post]​

a little of both.

the grages look like shit... the house is too damn close to the road (maybe 10 feet) and its a state highway mind you... theres about 5x5 feet of grass...

i'm all set with it.

Celerity
@Aug 6 2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah, you just can't finance land. If it were up to me, I would buy land and put up a monolithic dome and a steel building for a garage. Maybe someday.

-> Steve
[post=536667]Quoted post[/post]​

its all about the dome.

ask E for the link... i can't find it...

Oh, I came -> <- close to owning a Geodesic in Colorado. I prefer the vacuum form Monolithic domes, with a partial underground layout. http://www.monolithicdome.com or some shit like that.

-> Steve

Back