J35 Swapped S2000 Running, Intercrew Auto Salon, Video inside

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fits like an LS1 in a fourth Gen F-Body. Jammed against the firewall with miles or space behind the core support.

how much would a setup like that cost? i can't imagine it would be more economically viable than a supercharger or turbo kit.

We haven't finalized a price, but honestly- it would be comparable in price out the door compared to a turnkey supercharger or turbocharger setup at around the same power level. One of your major advantages would be factory Honda reliability since the engine makes that much power and torque with the factory configuration. 200k miles of trouble free running at double the torque? Yes please.

guy on my local board has a J swap into his integra. another guy has one in his coupe.

seems pretty straightforward?

It is if you're swapping in the J block WITH the J transmission in a front wheel drive configuration. There is no longitudinal mount J engine setup from Honda. There are all kinds of things you have to deal with to turn the engine 90 degrees and get it to mount to a RWD transmission. Coolant lines have to be re-routed, the intake manifold has to be reversed, the clutch has to be figured out, the starter is another major issue that most people have no clue about- quite a few challenges compared to just swapping in an entire factory drivetrain.

It doesn't sound as ridiculous as some, but straight forward isn't exactly the phrase for it at this point.

Mike, that's nice. Does the hood close without cutting, or trimming? Have you thought about the "other thing" we talked about?

Hood closes just fine, but you do have to point the throttle body down a bit. It just hasn't been done on this one yet.

Other thing, haven't had time- work has been crazy. Once I'm done responding to posts I have to flip the laptop open for another 4-5 hours minimum.

Nice. :thumbsup:

How did you mate the motor to the trans? Adapter plate or does it bolt up?

Secret. :) Not a direct bolt up by a long shot. There's quite a bit of custom fabrication in there. That's one of the main reasons why there hasn't been a video of an S2000 J swap RUNNING posted online.

Fits like an LS1 in a fourth Gen F-Body. Jammed against the firewall with miles or space behind the core support.

Which is the same as the stock engine- loads of room behind the core support.

Tons of torque......you can here it when you are in and out of gears so quick. May be a dumb query but I'm interested in knowing if its the stock S2000 ECU running that motor or the stock J-series. Impressive numbers none the less.

Yup, lots of room for goodies lol.

Yessssss :D

Tons of torque......you can here it when you are in and out of gears so quick. May be a dumb query but I'm interested in knowing if its the stock S2000 ECU running that motor or the stock J-series. Impressive numbers none the less.

Stock J series. I think I had that info in the video.

Have you had a chance to test fit a stock hood?

Yup. Only need to turn the throttle body down a bit. Some of the webbing has to be trimmed to clear the intake manifold- but the manifold may get a little shorter too- we'll see. Other than that the hood closes just fine.

Sounds and looks great. Is there a specific purpose for this build, or just something cool?

Sounds and looks great. Is there a specific purpose for this build, or just something cool?

Uh... more power? Go price out power upgrades for the S2000, then look at the torque curves available for each. Then think about the availability of the J blocks compared to the F20C/F22C.

It is if you're swapping in the J block WITH the J transmission in a front wheel drive configuration. There is no longitudinal mount J engine setup from Honda. There are all kinds of things you have to deal with to turn the engine 90 degrees and get it to mount to a RWD transmission. Coolant lines have to be re-routed, the intake manifold has to be reversed, the clutch has to be figured out, the starter is another major issue that most people have no clue about- quite a few challenges compared to just swapping in an entire factory drivetrain.

i guess that makes sense. honda did not make many RWD models... im just so used to folks dropping a 63t in a RWD well... everything.

So is this something that other people are doing with their S2Ks now? Or are you really kind of pioneering this?

Lately I've seen a few K-Swapped S2Ks, and of course everybody's been jamming the F20C/F22C in to whatever they can fit it the past few years, but this is the first I can recall anyone actually dropping a V6 in...

pretty sure this is a first. have never seen the swap running before. seen the engine in the bay, but never actually working.

Lately I've seen a few K-Swapped S2Ks,
I couldn't believe this so I searched it and you're right! I would love a built K24 swapped s2k. Now searching for s2k shells. Who will buy my del slo off me so I can start a new project? :)

So is this something that other people are doing with their S2Ks now? Or are you really kind of pioneering this

There have been a few race setups outside the US- I know of one C32 swap for a time attack car, but almost nothing is known about it- and a few people have dropped in the LS1/LS3 blocks, but those have nothing Honda left in the drivetrain at all.

Why swap a F2xC for a K? I thought the F's were better motors.

At the top end of the powerband, yes. K = more aftermarket development, more engines available too.

Why swap a F2xC for a K? I thought the F's were better motors.
I think a few of the reasons are:
1.) K block taller deck allows for better rod ratios and larger strokes.
2.) Aftermarket support; parts are a dime a dozen for K's, not as much for F's

Check this one out. Built k24 vs F20c with boltons. By selling his F it basically paid for the K and swap.

899466427_p4hNL-O.jpg

My K24 S2000 :) DYNO RESULTS and more info PAGE 9 - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Sorry to thread jack Cal, awesome s2k you posted there.

Hood and bumper are on, hoping to head to touchup and paint in a few days. Everything fits like stock! Nobody will ever know what's under the hood...

j35_s2k_intercrew_front_end_1.jpg

j35_s2k_intercrew_front_end_2.jpg

Back