JDM gsr EG swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

ok, so i ordered my motor today and despite the fact that i wanted a USDM B18c, i ended up with a JDM one- i'm going to enjoy the extra ponies, but i'm wondering what the easiest way to wire this puppy in is? i still have the harness from my 1992 civic dx, and the motor is also coming with the harness, but i know that the wires aren't long enough- what is the easiest way to put this motor in and which pins do i have to switch? what sensors do i have to run? the car is already wired for vtec- help me guys, i'm such a god damn n00b sometimes and i just want to get this all sorted out before i tackle the swap next week

GSR into VX

Now, this is VX specific, but most of it should be the same, only difference is the DX already has a four wire o2 (right?), and being yours is a 92 it should have the vtec wires in the harness, and this covers the knock.

:)

ok, i got all that from you already- haha, so that's the easiest way to do it then? i'll use the stock DX harness and make it work, just wiring for knock, and then steal the plug off the JDM harness for the IAB and running that wire to the right pin location into the ECU?

Seems too simple huh?

All you gotta do to make sure is, find the IAB, knock, and vtec spots on the ECU, and make sure that the same wires are in the place you hook into in the canon plugs.

Back