Jdm h22a help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
the accord sir was only made up to 97 h22a, then they changed to h23a vtec for 98+. if i remember right

jdm h22a

I purchased a jdm h22a a few months ago and i just read that the automatic h22a's only had 180 hp compared to the manual h22a's with 200hp. Is this true? If so, why would they be different?
That jdm h22a is in the honda accord euro R (tsx) and the prelude sir s spec. The motor makes 216hp. The. US h22 from 97 to 99 makes 190hp auto and 195 stick. And 2001 and 2001 each motor gained 5hp. 1992 to 1996 h22 made 190hp and was only a stick. MY SIS GOT A DEL SOL BUT SHE CAN'T DRIVE STICK SO I DROPPED A 94 H22 IN THERE WITH A 93 H23 AUTO TRANS. THAT SHIT MOVES.

How do I swap a 99 h22 obd2. Into a 92 prelude with a f22 dohc (jdm) obd1 is this an easy swap? Can I use the exauast, headers and intake from the f22 and put it on the h22? Plz someone help me.

look on the side of the block where it say h22a, it should have a ,1 4, or 5 at the end an h22a1 has 190 hp at the crank, at i think 98 it is an h22a4 which has 200 hp and 150 tq at the crank, the h22a5 which is the jdm closed deck has 220 hp at the crank, i believe its because the engine does not run as hot. If anyone has a jdm block that is not beat up pm me as i am looking for one, just want the bare block, thanks

look on the side of the block where it say h22a, it should have a ,1 4, or 5 at the end an h22a1 has 190 hp at the crank, at i think 98 it is an h22a4 which has 200 hp and 150 tq at the crank, the h22a5 which is the jdm closed deck has 220 hp at the crank, i believe its because the engine does not run as hot. If anyone has a jdm block that is not beat up pm me as i am looking for one, just want the bare block, thanks

wrong!!! My jdm engine just has h22. There arnt any 220hp h22's. They just came with 190 or 200hp.

1.) This thread is from March. Why are you responding?

2.) The H22A4 made 192 horses from 97-98 and 197 horses from 99-01.

3.) The H22A5 was used in the European Preludes, and it only made 185 horses.

4.) No JDM engines will ever have a fifth digit in their ID number. All of them will say "H22A", and that's it.

wrong!!! My jdm engine just has h22. There arnt any 220hp h22's. They just came with 190 or 200hp.

Actually, there is a 220 horse version of the H22 that went into the Accord Euro Rs and the JDM Prelude Type S and SiR.

wrong again lol there are 220hp h22:D

:werd:

i have the jdm engine plate. it is in my pics album.

my bad, thats just what i was told but thanks cause now i know and learn more every day but i try to help, even if the thread is old cause other ppl could be looking for the same info,

my bad, thats just what i was told but thanks cause now i know and learn more every day but i try to help, even if the thread is old cause other ppl could be looking for the same info,

Can i put a JDM Honda H23 Accord Prelude DOHC VTEC Euro R 99 engine in my F22 (oddy 97). The eigine comes with ECU, wiring harness and Automatic Transmission. But I don't think I'll have use for the tranny, since my Oddy already got one. Can anyone help me as to the way to go about doing the swap? Thanks

Types of H22A's
U.S. H22A 190 HP 157 ft/lb trq 10.0 Comp Ratio 2157cc
JDM H22A 200HP 163 ft/lb trq. 10.6 Comp Ratio 2157cc
JDM H22A Type-S 220HP 163 ft/lb trq 11.1 Comp Ratio 2157cc
EURO-R H22A 220HP 163 ft/lb trq 11.1 Comp Ratio 2157cc

Why the fuck is this thread still alive? Stop responding morons...

MAP or ECU problem?

:mellow:

96 Si H23A1 swapped to JDM H22A with a converted OBD II to I plugged into a P13 ECU.

I was having problems with the MAP sensor wires, those were replaced today.
The car is still idling funny, backfires, VTEC does not engage, error code 3, and the RPM's get cut off at 6500. When the MAP sensor was unplugged the car acted like it wasn't looking for it. The idle did not change like it usually would when you disconnect the MAP. I tried 2 other MAP sensors and nothing changed. Used a voltage meter to make sure that the volts were around 5v.

Help please.

I should also add that the dizzy is new (well, refurb) as well as the spark plugs.

:mellow:

96 Si H23A1 swapped to JDM H22A with a converted OBD II to I plugged into a P13 ECU.

I was having problems with the MAP sensor wires, those were replaced today.
The car is still idling funny, backfires, VTEC does not engage, error code 3, and the RPM's get cut off at 6500. When the MAP sensor was unplugged the car acted like it wasn't looking for it. The idle did not change like it usually would when you disconnect the MAP. I tried 2 other MAP sensors and nothing changed. Used a voltage meter to make sure that the volts were around 5v.

Help please.

I should also add that the dizzy is new (well, refurb) as well as the spark plugs.

Did you not look at the dates on this thread before you posted? Or look at any of the other posts?

This thread is old, and it's run it's course. Please start a new thread to ask your questions...

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back