JDM H22A swap smog help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

619GSR

Hi I have a jdm H22a swap, I live in Cali and I have 2 problems passing the readiness settings of the OBDII smog test (I have a BAR sticker). The motor has passed the emissions portion of the test 3 times.

I am running the p13A12 ecu which is the only OBDII ecu that doesn't have the immobilizer. In Cali you are allowed to have one failed OBDII sensor I have two that don't reach readiness.

1. EGR readiness setting never sets, it just throws a code after it tries to set.
2. The secondary o2 heater circuit never comes on so the secondary o2 readiness never sets. My mechanic said the sensor is putting out 7v. He tried to trick it to set but was unsuccessful. My mechanic said he tried everything he could think of but couldn't get either to set. He said the ECU might be faulty but that's pretty rare.. Does the Japanese motor have a secondary o2?

I am in the process of finding a new mechanic to diagnose the issue but have you guys ever heard of any of the problems I am having? THANKS

my advice is to get it registered in another state, then you dont have to worry about state inspections. I got my EK registered in Texas and I live in VA Beach. No more inspections for me.

I would be inclined to think it was a wiring issue (aren't H22 swaps have a few sodering points to swap into a civic? But I would also guess that the Mecahnic wuold have noticed when he did these continuity tests.

Back