Jdm Is The New Rice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

posol

RETIRED
here i go.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING THAT IS "COOL" BEING JDM.

everyone and their mother wants JDM lights, jdm mirrors, jdm dashes, jdm front ends, blah fucking blah.

JDM has become the new rice. and i'm sick of it.

</rant>

yeah, SCREW jdm engines! :roll: does that mean your dropping ALLDJM.com from advertising? :p

jason doesn't even sell so much jdm stuff. that, and he dropped himself. he didn't renew.

motor's are one thing- there is a clear advanatage, be it price, availbility, or performance - to getting a jdm motor. BUT does jdm corner lenses and one peice tail lights make you faster? no. its rice. and im sick of it.

Yeah really, it seems once one thing becomes trendy it becomes old, tireless and is called "Rice"!

My philosphy: Make a car cool to you, and others might follow.

I have been ranting that JDM and JDM companies are fucking the "new wave" since I got here. Everyone would rather spend X amount of cash for JDM, even if getting it from someone else is less.

IMo, fuck JDM, i drive a domestic that will stomp ass... so, ah well :p

Fuck, wanna talk about ppl that follow and live by someone elses rule, why aren't their slammed hatches on 15's here? I mean truely slammed, about 2 inches from the ground.. goto Honda-Tech.com, they praise hatches with 15's laying on the ground... :rolleyes: Fuck this rice and JDM shit... if i want a kit, i'll buy a kit.. fuck who hates it and fuck who likes it.. i like it and that is all that matters. [/rant] I had to rant myself on this.

dude, you can't close a tag you never opened :p

...just on the topic of rice, tonight I'm out in my dad's car <yes I know, ick...but my car is in the shop> and I come up on this civic from PA (I live in NJ and it was late so it was kind've odd seeing it in my neck of the woods considering they're not normally here...anyway) it had the biggest friggin exhaust I've ever seen. Literally. It stuck out far as hell from the back of the car and was hanging real low. The guy has altezzas on his car, and an AEM license plate holder...along with some other crap. Poor poor little car. to add to the fact, the guy couldn't drive a straight line for shit.

Pretty soon people will get sick of the JDM piss fight and just start going to japan and buying RHD cars and having them shipped to the US, making it the common not the rarity.

I agree, JDM is the "high class" rice. People pay outrageous prices for that shit

[
rant.gif
] the whole "JDM" thing is bullshit anyway

im sick as fuck of hearing dumbasses wanting to make their ________ RHD.... why???? whats the fucking point??? you live in a LHD country you ass... your spending $$$$$$$ to make your car compleatly non functional
JDM headlights.... yup theres a good use of $400+
JDM gauge cluster..... well i dont know about you but i love doing KMPH to MPH conversions in my head when a cop gets behind me
JDM dash controls ....... wow you have amber lights now.... yay bitch how much did you waste on that shit

and the other fucking thing.... any time people see a clean looking car you have dumb fucks chiming in saying "wow thats madd JDM y0!".... when there is nothing JDM about the fucking car.... its a USDM model with korean made rotas on it with a USDM B series engine in it.... just because something looks good does not make it "JDM" y0! :bash: .... shit most of the cars in japan are all fucking kitted out with rediculous rims.... most of you would want to torch the fucking thing

jdm.gif

[/
rant.gif
]

I totally agree with you guys on this. I think the whole JDM thing is blown way out of proportion. I remember the days when JDM was the highest level of tuning, now it's as common as APC and Matrix. The new trends now-a-days is to have atleast one thing on your ride that's JDM. And another thing, shops are totally jumping on the bandwagon and taking full advantage of this JDM trend, everything is over-priced.
I don't believe in exterior mods so I could care less if my car looks JDM or not, if it's not functional it doesn't belong on there. The last sentence holds true for everything except my Vision corners cuz it just looks so damn good on my car and for the record, that is the only exterior mod I have.

yea, JDM is just like spending $200 on a pair of skeakers cause its got someone's name on them.

BTW, inline four is BLOWING OUT jdm itr shift knobs for the unbelieveably low price of just $189.00! (no joke)

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 6 2003, 05:20 AM
yea, JDM is just like spending $200 on a pair of skeakers cause its got someone's name on them.

BTW, inline four is BLOWING OUT jdm itr shift knobs for the unbelieveably low price of just $189.00! (no joke)

no way...$189...i gotta give them a call and order mine right now, i just hope they still have some in stock.
Here's what i say to Inline Four...:fuckyou3:. I used to think they were pretty cool but after i called them up looking for some axles, the fool over there tried to sell me a used set for about $300. I told him that I can get them cheaper at other places, he said yeah you can get those cheap ones and they'll break on you easier and the ones he's selling me are oem Honda so they will work better. For the record Gardena Honda here in SoCal quoted me $278 for a brand new set of axles for my car, not sure if that price is too high or not but atleast they're for new axles.

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 6 2003, 03:40 PM
in case you all havent noticed....

IMPORT HAVE BEEN PLAYED OUT for the past few years.

get over it.

in case you haven't noticed that wasn't a real sentence.

hahaha. just messin with you.

I still like most that is JDM, I just disagree especially the people who PMS over anything that isn't jdm

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 6 2003, 03:42 PM

in case you haven't noticed that wasn't a real sentence.

hahaha. just messin with you.

sorry, im not looking to win the pulitzer prize for any of my manifestos posted on here haha.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 5 2003, 11:36 PM
here i go.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF EVERYTHING THAT IS "COOL" BEING JDM.

everyone and their mother wants JDM lights, jdm mirrors, jdm dashes, jdm front ends, blah fucking blah.

JDM has become the new rice. and i'm sick of it.

</rant>

I remember saying the exact same thing over a year ago. Certainly, there's stuff that's JDM that looks cool, but I'd never spend 4x as much for a true JDM product as for a clone.
That's why I'm doing the DIY JDM headlights this summer instead of $400 for the headlights. And the only reason: I hate chrome.
Thanks for the new avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back