JDM ZC Vtec swap in 89 CRX si problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jkendall

Here is a complete list of everything I have done.
Rywire obd0 - obd1 conversion harness, P28 ECU, re-pinned obd0 harness for obd1 distributor, removed obd0 injector clips and soldered obd1s on, removed the injector resistor box by soldering the 4 red/black wires and yellow/black wire together, 4 wire o2 sensor. That is pretty much it for the wiring I have done, all this wiring was done on the stock 89 crx si harness. This is a list of things I have replaced on the motor: timing belt, tensioner, water pump, plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor. This is a complete swap as I got the complete motor from hmotorsonline. The motor is a ZC Vtec which is the equivalent of the USDM D16z6. Sometimes it starts and sometimes it doesn't. But, when it does run in runs like crap and when I try to give it gas it dies. I checked timing and it is correct. I also ohmed out the coil and distributor and it checks good.

Checked IACV and it was very clean. Checked for spark again on all wires (color of the spark is BLUE) and very strong. I removed the fuel return line off of the fuel pressure regulator and while cranking I get a nice stream of fuel so I know I have enough fuel. Checked the fuel pressure and it is 40 psi coming in. I removed all the plugs and checked to make sure the fuel injectors are spraying and they are not. Looking from the front of the car the injectors are getting 12v on the left side. I am wondering if the wiring is reversed? Which side of the obd1 injectors require power?

I did notice on rywire's obd0 to obd1 instructions that there is a white wire coming from their harness. It says to connect it to the knock sensor on the back of the block. I still have the stock one hooked up from the si harness. Could this be related to my issue?

I would look at making sure all of your wiring where you elminated the resistor box is done right. you can make the computer ignore the knock sensor if you have a chipped computer. I might be able to help you more email me at distantimports@yahoo.com

mitch

Back