Just got off the phone with IBM in Austin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
Had a phone interview this morning, it went pretty well. I hope to be spending the summer in Austin. I will probably take my car out there with me though the lack of AC could be a killer. We should see if we can put together a HS Austin meet over the summer.

cool. my roomate had one there, and he still works there this day doing REXX

A couple of hours ago they called back to offer me the job and I am going to take it. Austin TX members, lets heard from you.

congrats man, good to hear. i have a job offer in Dallas, but i was out there a few weeks ago, and it sucks :( i hear austin is great though, i had a friend live there for about a year.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 15 2004, 09:44 PM
A couple of hours ago they called back to offer me the job and I am going to take it. Austin TX members, lets heard from you.

BADASS!

I'll have to show you all the roads in Austin... assuming I stay here. I'll have to introduce you to everyone that I went to school with- that works at IBM now. Including my housemate with his STi.

:D :D :D

Good luck with that man. :thumbsup:

I don't know if I could go to austin but sounds like a great op!

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 17 2004, 04:09 PM
Awwwwwww c'mon... it's actually just sitting in the driveway all week- he's in Japan on vacation. I guess I could take it out for a joy ride, but I'm a good friend and wouldn't do that to his car.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, you'd be a good friend if you took it out, flogged it as it deserves, then took it back, parked it in the same spot as it was before, opened up the dash, and rolled back the miles to where it was before. :D

I don't have the actual offer in hand yet, but it is on the way. I will probably be moving out there on May 15. I haven't decided on if my car is coming out or not.

Mike, are you planning on moving out of Austin soon? I need to get a ride in this Civic that I have seen so many pictures and heard so many stories of.

Back