k20 94 civic coupe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SheldonfromNJ

hey guys im a new member im 16, not 23 lol and i just bought myself a civic coupe 94, my first car ever. it comes with a stage 3 clutch and a d15b7 motor. im interested into car projects and I want to make my 94 civic fast, so fast it can beat stock evos and subarus, im talking about 200+ hp. the motor already blown up an hour after i bought my car, it was driven by my friend's boyfriend who drives a stick 370 and it blown up because the motor didn't have any oil :( the seller should've let us know. anyways since the motor has blown up I want to swap the engine with a k20a longblock base model. its a k20a3 replacement and the engine is on sale for $550 and it comes with 160 hp, is this a good swap? the k20 is a 2002 - 2006 engine so does it matter that the years of the engine has to fit with the year of the car? cus ive been seeing d series on 94 civics and i want to make sure if i can fit a k20 in it :)

Welcome to hondaswap, and no not a good swap for the $$$ to put it in and convert to obd2 etc, a b16 would be a fraction of the cost and makes 160hp, throw a turbo on it and make 250+ whp

thanks, ok so you recommend i should put a b16 in it and slap a turbo sounds like a good idea and i can save money, i just need help finding the engine so if anyone can hook me up with a link id really appreciate it :)

thanks and just to make if i wanted to put an engine from lets say 98-02 on a 94 civic will it work?

I do not like the baby stroke B16. Torque wise.....guttless. I had it in my EG...YUCK. It's more than the little d15 you had but that's not saying much.

Turbo? No. Too much hassle unless you got lots of wrenching time under your belt and love dealing with issues all the time.

K20A3 is not much of a motor either. Too much $$$ in all the other parts to make it worth it and you'll still get smashed by a lot of cars.

Check out hmotorsonline.com They are asking top dollar but have good service and very solid swaps.

My suggestion depends on your budget. If you're just window shopping, then a K24A2 and all parts needed. K24A2 Motor/K20Z1 Trans is about $2k+. Then about another $2k-$3.5k in other parts. But it will hit high 11's on slicks all motor and not cause you issues like the "Turbo Life" does. Roughly 220-230WHP with KPRO and tune. So 280-290hp to the crank. Definitely smash those cars you mentioned.

For about $3k....you can get a complete GSR swap (similar to a USDM B18C1). Stay OBD1 (94-95). Less parts needed to get it in your chassis. Use your AC compressor and a correct bracket....easy. PS is easy too.

I asked him what his budget is and didnt get a responce lol im assume its ballin budget becuase if he bad 3k id say sell the shell and +3k and buy something alreadg k/gsr swapped

Hey man I can't seem to post on main page it want let me says not approved or something just found this site. I have a question if you or anyone could help deeply needed. So I have a 1998 honda civic lx 1.6 l d16y7 engine wife's car threw a rod though block.i found a d17a1 engine very cheap low miles come out a 2001 or 2002 civic lx has intake still on it. I have pulled d16 removed auto trans bolted right up to new motor then I started noticing the different bolt pattern for exhaust manifold so I know Imma have to put a d17a1 header on just not sure what else. I removed the distributor from old and was told I can install in in this engine even though it has coil packs instead of distributor.it has a plug where the distributor would be I popped it out and it looks as if it will bolt right up and everything also I noticed alternator mount bracket is different deff not gonna work maybe gonna have to get a interchangeable bracket everything else looks as if they will work. Need help if you or someone can help please let me know if my original harness is gonna be able to make work or if I need the other one or if it's even worth the trouble or know of another more simple swap.

Hey man I can't seem to post on main page it want let me says not approved or something just found this site. I have a question if you or anyone could help deeply needed. So I have a 1998 honda civic lx 1.6 l d16y7 engine wife's car threw a rod though block.i found a d17a1 engine very cheap low miles come out a 2001 or 2002 civic lx has intake still on it. I have pulled d16 removed auto trans bolted right up to new motor then I started noticing the different bolt pattern for exhaust manifold so I know Imma have to put a d17a1 header on just not sure what else. I removed the distributor from old and was told I can install in in this engine even though it has coil packs instead of distributor.it has a plug where the distributor would be I popped it out and it looks as if it will bolt right up and everything also I noticed alternator mount bracket is different deff not gonna work maybe gonna have to get a interchangeable bracket everything else looks as if they will work. Need help if you or someone can help please let me know if my original harness is gonna be able to make work or if I need the other one or if it's even worth the trouble or know of another more simple swap.
Double post you already have a thread and its a shiet swap not worth the investment which is why nobody does them

Back