k24a4 into EK (97 civic dx)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spoolinsteve

I'm trying to get some information together but after days if searching with no real answers I figured I'd start a thread.

I have a 1997 civic DX.
I have the option of having a k24a4 complete motor with complete harness. (I believe its out of an Accord.)

I believe in doing things right and spending money where needed but for now...
In order to keep costs down at the moment I will not do a k20 head swap.

I need to figure out what is all needed in order to complete the swap.
So far I have some of the list made. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and point out any issues.

Issues that I have questions about..

1. Will the K24 block/head combo fit without need of an aftermarket hood?
2. What ecu should I use since I'm keeping the k24 head.
3. I know newer honda's have that anti start feature. ( I forget the right term)

Parts list so far.. (assuming I have the car and motor/wiring harness)

1. Transmission (for which vehicle? I don't need the 6-speed one)
2. Intermediate shaft
3. Cv axles. (custom from a kswap company or ive read rsx base axles work in an eg. Maybe some combo works for ek)
4. Alternator?
5. Return style fuel system (I have most of that already)
6. Motor mounts. (assuming hasport)
7.ecu (which ecu should I get if I'm keeping the k24 head?)
...?????

Thank you all.

I'd look for a five-speed transmission from the 02-05 Si or base RSX. It will be a little more aggressive then say an Accord or CR-V gearbox, but won't be as expensive as the 6-speed ones...

I'd look for a five-speed transmission from the 02-05 Si or base RSX. It will be a little more aggressive then say an Accord or CR-V gearbox, but won't be as expensive as the 6-speed ones...
that sounds like a pretty good idea

if you use the rsx transmission, you'll need to be wary of the brackets. the accord,tsx, and si are diff from the type s and base model rsx.

you need a multiplexor and immobilizer bypasser so you could start the car with the motor's original ecu unless you go a diff route, depending on your plans, you might need the custom heater core and radiator hoses. make sure the ecu controls the fan switch. and you have to convert the vss to a lower voltage so your dash could read.

i think

Back