Knowledge Needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm putting a b18a into a 91 crx dx. the motor is being rebuilt right now with srp 10.5:1 pistons .10 over, arp head studs, 3 angle valve job, eagle rods, clutchmaster's stage 3 clutch, fidanza 8 lb. flywheel. worried about the crx's suspension. what would you suggest? coilovers, springs, etc,. trying to stay on a relatively conservative budget so be easy on my wallet and please don't recommend some cheap shit. i'd rather save a little longer and spend the extra $$$ on something worth spending it on.....i may eventually go with nitrous or possibly boost it in the future if that helps at all.....thanks.

Ground Controls sleve coilovers are good. You can get them in any stiffness you want. Matching them with koni Yellow shocks are a pretty good set up. Also look at ebichist or what ever they are called (one of the brands TireRack.com sells) they are a good spring but will not be as good as tein or ground control.

If you really want to go bad ass style, go with Teins. Basicly you dont need much to compensate for the weight that much, if you were going h22 in there then it would be something else but in japan the rex came with a b16a (about 10 lbs lighter then the b18b) Hope this helps

coilover give you the convenience of adjustability. but like others I think a shock/spring set up is best.
kyb agx's with neuspeed springs. or koni yellows with neuspeed springs.

Back