Let's Play a little game....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
OK, here's a little game to make some people think...I know..that even makes me cringe...but here it goes...

A lot of posts have been posted on many forums, and even here as well about the world, government, religion, aliens, etc... and just like in high school, when you had to do a term papper or thesis, you had to give footnotes and valid documents to support your papper....well...the same can be applied to the internet.

I'm a simple guy, just trying to make it thru the hectic life that the 21st century has evolved to...so I'm absorbing in the internet, TV, talk radio, magazines, newspappers...etc...and once in a while I'll here something that just doesn't sound right, or is too far off from the truth to be true...or is a rumor that someone has heard that they think is true...but it isn't.

So for the game...just think about what you are posting...and be ready to find or show some valid footnotes or a link to back it up... The judges are your peers...actually us as a whole. And the prize is a self esteem that you can feel good about.

So if you see a post where someone says something that just seems so far fetched and you wonder where they are getting their source of information...just so you can see if what they say is actually something that is real and not made up by a democrat to slam a republican, or a religious guy to defunk the scientist, or the liberals to make the sane people scared... Then you can post a simple "Show Me" or "Prove It" or "I call BullShiiiat" type of a post...and the original poster has to link a varifiable source of his information...or he will be LOL'ed right from the forums...

And remember...by a varifiable source...that is something that has to be an actual link, pic, vid, etc that we... your peers can decide if it's true...or just plain BS...

Example...

Fox News is sometimes liberal-ish...and sometimes they just make news to scare us...like this morning I watched a few minutes of it...and the ever lasting "FOX NEWS ALERT" was on...and it was something that happened yesterday saying that Hillery Clinton sneezed... so Fox news is off the list as a varifiable news source....IMO...but sometimes they do have real news and a real story with real proof...so it can be a case by case type of a valid source.

And the game is not only for this thread...but all threads...keep the game in the back of your head...think before you post or someone will call BS on you...and you have to back up what you post. You can still have an opinion..in fact opinions are good. But are the opinions set in your head from someone elses BS???... Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one, but some just reek more than others.

Some topics to get this started:

Bush Bashers...everyone claims he's making money with oil at like billions of $$'s a day...where is the proof?
Are Aliens real?
Is the bible real?
Are ghosts real?
Too many government conspiracy's...are any of them valid?
Do my farts stink?
Why do fat people get handicapped parking?
Why does the Government suck?
and just any other subject or post that you write up...just remember...anyone can call your bluff...and be preparred to find a valid footnote to back it up. And feel free to call BS in other threads...

and yes...my farts do stink...sometimes...and there are plenty of witnesses here to testify to it... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 7 2005, 07:54 AM
Some topics to get this started:

Bush Bashers...everyone claims he's making money with oil at like billions of $$'s a day...where is the proof?
Are Aliens real?
Is the bible real?
Are ghosts real?
Too many government conspiracy's...are any of them valid?
Do my farts stink?
Why do fat people get handicapped parking?
Why does the Government suck?
and just any other subject or post that you write up...just remember...anyone can call your bluff...and be preparred to find a valid footnote to back it up. And feel free to call BS in other threads...
[post=550572]Quoted post[/post]​

1. Bush is doing fine. He is doing the best that he can.. If he did everything that one group wanted, another group would be up in arms all pissed off and protesting the other way.

2. Aliens are real.

3. Ghosts are real.

4. The gov't doesn't conspire.. They don't need to. They want to take a country, they friggin take it. They want more money, they raise taxes..

5. Your farts stink.

6. I have no damed idea, They should have to park at the end of the parking lot.. Like pigs.. they sleep at one end of the pen and the food is at the other end, that way they have to exercise to eat. Seriously.

7. The government is doing fine. I pay my taxes, I pump my gas, I own my home, my cars, my motorcycle, my boat, have two children, I can say whatever I want, and do pretty much whatever I want. Most things are illegal for a reason.. I'm working for a country where they can't pay me any less that a certain amount. I make several dollars an hour, not several dollars a week. I'm not in a sweat shop, and not once has a police officer/govt official shown up at my house demanding money. I have clean water to drink that comes from pipes in the ground, believe it or not... food is readily available.. I have 400 flavors of ice cream to choose from for christs sake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phyregod (2005) Personal ramblings. press of.. um.. phyregod!
Southpark (1999) Cartman gets an anal probe.
Casper (1945) Casper the friendly ghost. He had his own comic books and tv series.
Airjockie (2005) Ramblings about his farts stinking. press of keyboard buttons.
My agriculture class (1997) Teacher said so.
Phyregod (2005) Not sweing soccer balls in tialand.

oh yeah, adding to the why the government sucks? they tend to stretch the truth. example? me.

told mountain farmers if they helped in the vietnam war, they would be promise a part in the country and the U.S. will train and arm the farmers. garuntee win they said. well we know how that turned out. now thousands are still in refugee camps with no home and cannot go back to once they had because of treason and face death or worst.

my parents were one of the lucky few who were admitted to ths country from the early 80s to late 90s.

Awesome, Id love to see many poster's sources of information. Unfortunately for me, Ill from time to time get my information from scholarly journals which i have access to through my school. So does giving giving an unlinkable source (ie vol 2 issue 4 of the American Historical review) count?

So does giving giving an unlinkable source (ie vol 2 issue 4 of the American Historical review) count?

not really...

the footnote is to prove your source, and if no one can check it then they can't disprove you, but you also aren;t adding any credence to your arguement...

how about if someone wants to dispute you they can get their ass down to the library?

how about if someone wants to dispute you they can get their ass down to the library?

if its in a published journal you should be able to find at least one link with the similar information...

leaving it up to someone else is just asking for people to start siting "the abstract science and learning journal" vol 8 issue 2

Fox News is sometimes claimed to be Conservative slanted, not Liberal. Basically, if you have Anne Coulter on your payroll, there is NO WAY you can be considered neutral or left-leaning. Same goes, in opposite, for Al Franken.

Also, Phyregod is gearing up to be a favorite read for me :)

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 7 2005, 12:34 PM
[post=550706]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup...but notice he didn't mention the bible...

And when the displaced New Mexican, from the Japanese shores did waft his lethal fart to the Saint Peter, Saint Peter saideth amongst his flock

"God DAMN Clayton don't blame that on the dog!"

Amen.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 7 2005, 03:37 PM
And when the displaced New Mexican, from the Japanese shores did waft his lethal fart to the Saint Peter, Saint Peter saideth amongst his flock

"God DAMN Clayton don't blame that on the dog!"

Amen.

-> Steve
[post=550816]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG hahaha!!! :p

Originally posted by Airjockie+Sep 7 2005, 02:30 PM-->
@Sep 7 2005, 12:34 PM
[post=550706]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup...but notice he didn't mention the bible...
[post=550790]Quoted post[/post]​

Religion is a really difficult thing for me.. I want to believe.. its good to believe.. Only good things can come from believing... but I just can't bring myself to fully accept the "god" concept... I really want to. Its a life struggle of mine. I was raised christian, I have christian parrents who go to church every time the doors are open. I swear my mother has a direct connection to the almighty. But me, I'm too damned skeptical. I've read the bible from cover to cover, and it gave me nightmares.

Look at that.. the "god" concept.... I feel bad even writing that. So I didn't mention the bible.. Reason behind everything, man.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 7 2005, 11:24 PM

Religion is a really difficult thing for me.. I want to believe.. its good to believe.. Only good things can come from believing... but I just can't bring myself to fully accept the "god" concept... I really want to. Its a life struggle of mine. I was raised christian, I have christian parrents who go to church every time the doors are open. I swear my mother has a direct connection to the almighty. But me, I'm too damned skeptical. I've read the bible from cover to cover, and it gave me nightmares.

Look at that.. the "god" concept.... I feel bad even writing that. So I didn't mention the bible.. Reason behind everything, man.
[post=551152]Quoted post[/post]​

what you are feeling is your mind fighting brainwashing. :ph34r:

and on the topic of conspiracies (sp?)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_alleged_conspiracy_theories

funny/interesting read

Back