Lighting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicracer

Oh, I do a little here and there.
Alright I've tried the front right blinker with 3 different known-good bulbs and it won't work at all. It's not getting any voltage and when I looked at the wiring harness that plugs into the bulb, it's different on each side for some reason.

The left blinker harness has only 3 wires, no problems, works fine turns on when parking light switch is on and blinks for turn signal.

Right blinker harness has 4 wires...3 of them hooked up right and then there's a 4th wire a red one that's been cut. Not burnt or broken or whatever but cut. Does anyone know what this is for and if it has something to do with the right corner light not working at all? I'd really rather not take my car in over a fuckin blinker not working but I haven't been able to figure this out for months now lol. Same thing with the dome light on the ceiling, the only lights that show up are the instrument lights.

Headlights work fine but I have a question about those too.
My mom was telling me that to pass inspection you have to have working low beams, high beams, and brights. Well it's not exactly like that I mean the switch shows 2 circles, a small one and a big one and obviously there's nothing there in the off position. When you turn it to the small circle, only the parking lights come on. Then, the big circle, and the headlights come on. Then of course pull it towards you and you have the brights. Is this legal or no? Is that the way it comes?

I've checked my service manuals (both service and electrical troubleshooting) for all this and it doesn't specify these things exactly. Is there a dimmer switch for the headlights I have yet to find?

Sorry for the LONG ASS post but I just got the car and myself insured, car's registered and title is in my name now, I have my license now and I'm finally driving legally, and I just want to get this thing past inspection and I'm looking for a job I don't have money to keep paying insurance after 2 months it's up so I can't afford to take it to a shop. Thanks for any responses.

No, thats correct...your headlights are right. You mom is puffing the good stuff man. there is no dimmer for your headlights, you pull it to switch between hi and low beam.

As for your corner light. does it come on at all, like for the parking light....or nothing at all? A red wire I would imagine would be for power, what are the other 3 wires, one im sure is ground, and one is for the switch..... let us know

It used to come on for parking, now it doesn't come on at all. The red wire I'm not sure what it is but it's obviously been cut not broken, and I have no clue what any of those 3 wires are I'll be looking over the manuals again to make sure.

Like I said the left one doesn't even have the red wire there, the left AND right parking lights both have these 3 wires that plug into the bulb but then there's an extra red one hangin off the right parking light harness. Hopefully I just missed a page in the manual, else I'll have to take it in. Sucks ass I get the engine swap runnin right then have to take it in over a parking light to make it road legal lol.

Back