losing power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

does the dx harness have to be a specific year. and if i get the jumper harness would everything else be plug and play.

I know a 1996-1998 engine harness will work. Probably all the way to 2000 but you'd have to find someone else to confirm it. I wouldn't use any other year at all.

In terms of plug and play....worst thing would be you use some of the existing plugs on your motor's sensors and valves and splice them in to your new engine harness. If your motor is all OBD2...it should be plug and play.

is this ecu obd2b?
20160329_200646.jpg
I bought a converter, Obd2a to Obd1, but the end that plugs into the ECU does not go in. so what converter would i need

looks 2a

what is the code on it?

ecu.plugs.jpg

You chassis is OBD2A and your ECU is OBD2A too. Did you get a 96-98 Civic engine harness? The engine hanress that came with your chassis would work fine. I'm guessing you have a different harness?

i dont know which harness is in the car. It came like that when i bought it. the plugs in the harness dont fit in the ecu

i just ordered the dx harness for my car it should be coming in soon.
Im changing all the wiring in my car. I realized i dont have to buy a adapter. Thanks.
I will be switching all the wiring sometime next week.

Last edited:
I installed the DX harness into my civic and all the plugs fit on the b18b1 except the Ivac plug. the harness has 3 wires when the ivac on the engine has normally had wires (2 contacts). what can I do about that.

Back