Ls A Or B Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B18A is the shit for EG's. My friend has 93 EG B18A turbo w/ fully built head on stock internals, runs mid 13.

It's just that some of the B18a's are odb0 when your car is odb1, so to make the swap easier swap the engine with the same odb. So 92-93 b18a, or 94-95 b18b.

Why is it not recommended to swap a B18A into a 92-95 civic?

I don't think that it's NOT a recommended swap by any means. I think that's a respectable swap to do nowadays. it's good for everyday driving around the town and if you want to get crazy down the line, you can drop in a turbo if you would like.

Some are OBD 0 and they all have cable clutch's,92+ civics use hydraulic.That is why.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 19 2003, 04:37 PM
Some are OBD 0 and they all have cable clutch's,92+ civics use hydraulic.That is why.

:withstupid:

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Mar 20 2003, 01:40 AM
Could i use a tranny from a GSR with a hydro clutch?

Yes,you could use any hydraulic B series tranny(except the CRV).

i wouldnt like a an LS motor because it doesnt have VTEC... i think GSR would be a much better choice

i'm proud of you. no go be a retard somewhere else.

b16vx is right- cable tranny, and buying a hydro one is going to run you 500 for an ls, 800 for a gsr 1200 for a type R. the plugs are different if its obd0.
the b18b1 head is better than the b18a. it has better cams, better itnake manifold, and .2 more compression.

just get a freakin b18b and stop trying to cut corners. it will be cheaper and faster in the long run anyway, not to mention a lot less of a head ache

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 20 2003, 04:13 AM
i'm proud of you. no go be a retard somewhere else.

b16vx is right- cable tranny, and buying a hydro one is going to run you 500 for an ls, 800 for a gsr 1200 for a type R. the plugs are different if its obd0.
the b18b1 head is better than the b18a. it has better cams, better itnake manifold, and .2 more compression.

just get a freakin b18b and stop trying to cut corners. it will be cheaper and faster in the long run anyway, not to mention a lot less of a head ache

Since my first post ive found a B18B thats in good shape and I should be picking it up shortly ( horray ) :lol:.

Had i known in advance that the B18A sucks, I wouldnt try to "cut corners" so relax guy, put you feet up.

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Mar 20 2003, 09:55 PM
Had i known in advance that the B18A sucks, I wouldnt try to "cut corners" so relax guy, put you feet up.

I don't think he was talking to you,probably the guy who posted before him. ;) You'll be happier with the B18B,good job.

Back