LS clutch > GSR tran?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95 LS, Hydraulic. Looking to get a 94+ GSR tranny and use the clutch/PP/fly that came out of the cracked LS tranny I have. What about the other stuff like throw out bearing and such.

As far as I know, if they are both hydraulic and from the same generation chassis, they should work, but not 100%. the splines might be different. The fly should work no problem and abviously (sp) the clutch setup you want to use worked together before. I say as long as the clutch disk matches the spline on the tranny, it should work fine.

matt

I'm not 100% sure it will fit- For instance, ACT makes one set of clutches specifically for non-vtec bseries motors and then another line of clutches that fits vtec and non-vtec b series motors- take that as it may, the best advice i can give you is buy the tranny and give it a shot

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 23 2004, 07:32 PM
I'm not 100% sure it will fit- For instance, ACT makes one set of clutches specifically for non-vtec bseries motors and then another line of clutches that fits vtec and non-vtec b series motors- take that as it may, the best advice i can give you is buy the tranny and give it a shot

i think its just for the torque difference dude cause i got a GSR eng/tranny swap and ordered an aftermarket 6 puck clutch (ACT i think.. dont remember) and after i installed it and ran it at the track i discovered i had the LS tranny(same code- Y80) due to a high mph in 3rd gear :(

EDIT: i think the nonVTEC engine/flywheel is the difference (less area for friction)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 23 2004, 10:32 PM

See thats what threw me off too! I heard you could interchange them but I looked on ACT's site to see if the model numbers were the same and, they weren't. So yea, i'm still lost.

yeah homie, i def. can't give you a concrete answer- But it doesn't make sense for them not to be interchangable, considering that all b series trannys (except B20A5 & B21A) are interchangable within the b series motors- if there were differences in the diametere or spline count on the input shaft then I dunno how they would be interchangable- BUt honestly, i don't know :shrug2:

Back