Ls Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

Okay , Can someone please give me a good estimate of how much it would cost to swap an LS engine , and convert AUTO to 5 speed in a 92 civic vx hb auto. What are all the parts i need to buy and how much will it cost

the motor will cost you anywhere from 400 to about 900 but you shouldnt pay more then 900 for it. as for the auto to 5 speed ummmmmm you will probly need to buy a 5 speed ECU and you will have to buy 5 speed tranny and im not sure but u might also need a new wiring harness but dont hold me to that and you will need to add another hole in the floor for a clutch pedal and buy the clutch pedal setup but thats all you will need oh and you might have to change the tranny mounts and motor mounts

Originally posted by vietec@Feb 4 2003, 12:38 AM
Okay , Can someone please give me a good estimate of how much it would cost to swap an LS engine , and convert AUTO to 5 speed in a 92 civic vx hb auto. What are all the parts i need to buy and how much will it cost

i'm pretty sure you're gonna need a new wiring harness or you'll have to modify/cut yours. as far as the conversion goes, you're just asking for trouble... it will never be the same once you go there.

It isn't hard,just time consuming and if done right you will never know it was auto,yes you need some wiring changes and manual ECU the pedal set all the lines for the fluid and the cylinders etc...do a search and you can find a complete list.
On another note it might be in your best interest,and I know no one wants to here it,to sell or trade your car,for a manual version of the same car.When you think about the cars value and how much it is going to cost in time and money,you'd be coming out ahead if you did.

Mike's (Calesta) car use to be an auto. Can't ever tell now! If done right, you will never know. Look for around 500 parts and labor from 500-1000. Just depends where you do it and how long it takes them.

Id just go buy a complete LS swap with 5speed tranny/ecu/etc. The LS from a 5-speed. OBD1 LS swaps are 1200-1500 and OBD2 are around 1500-1800. Give or take.

My advice would be to sell your auto and buy a manual. It's a 92VX, your only talking about a couple grand probably. You may even be able to make a few bucks. If you start with a manual, your life will most likely be infinitely easier. However, the auto to manual conversion is doable, but why waste all that money? You could have it under the hood.

i bought a complete 99 Ls motor with 44k miles for 1700 axels, ecu and all came with it so 400- 900 dollars for the motor is goin to be hard to find unless ithas 15ok+ miles onit

Hey man, im halfway through my LS swap into a 1990 CRX, so far this a complete list of what i got and how much its costed me ( PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLERS)!!

Engine, Tranny,Axels(new), ECU, $1600
Hasport mounts(new), $450
Oil Pan Gasket - $17
Timing belt- $60
Plug Wires and Plugs ( NGK of course) - $70
Shift Linkage - $20
Throttle Cable- $15
Clutch cable - $15
Throwout Bearing and Tranny Seals- $40
Liquid Gasket- $10
Oil - 8 Litres, - $35
Flexable Upper rad hose - $15
Manifold/Downpipe - $50 ( engine didnt come with it)

im pretty sure thats it, if u want the price in USD just divide that by like 60%, its close to 2500 canadian so like, 1600 USD. HOpe this helps

damn you paid all that for b18a stuff, i had a whole car i would have given you for like 1/4 of the price (91 integra sedan) I paid around $1425 for my 99 b18b full swap. I ha dto buy oil, trans fluid, plugs and wires but otherwise I got everything else (well except SI radiator and mount)

Back