Ls/vtec Booboo

• Thread starter viciousracing
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 987

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

V

viciousracing

hey guys, somethin happen at the shop yesterday. my brother and i took his B18B head to the shop to drill in the knock sensor. the thing is, while we were watching, something happen. there was ping and pong and more aluminum came out than i suggested. the hole was deep. you guys know if it'll effect anything?

Well your first problem is you are drilling into the head to add a knock sensor.

block i meant, it's pretty deep, i was like damn. knock sensor won't fit in too.

Dude you should have drilled it by hand, and in a spot directly above the oil pressure sensor. That is a pretty thick area of the block. Or you could have just said screw all that and bought a Zdyne ecu that doesnt look for a knock sensor. Personally I just tapped an existing hole in my block for the sensor when I did it. It doesnt really matter where you put it at on the block, so long as it's there.

i fixed it by adding a thread to the hole, then added a plug into it, and then on the other end of the plug added the knock, you guys think this is a good idea?
I'll draw pix for you guys.

sounds reasonable. I would make sure your filler plug is made out of something that isn't going to be prone to heat damage (ie plastic melting)

Yeah , so long as it works, then fuck it. I would however, try to use a plug made out of aluminum so that the metals would expand and contract at the same rate. Just make sure it doesn't leak. I would like some pics though :thumbsup:

you know what type of aluminum would it be on the block? 6061?

Back