LS/Vtec buildup question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

Hello all,
I'm in the middle of my LS/Vtec buildup and I had a few questions.

-which flywheel/cluth do I use? LS? GSR? B16?
-should I go with a lightened flywheel?

-which crank pulley do I use? LS? GSR? B16?

Thanks
Ray.

I would upgrade to an aftermarket flywheel and clutch, now is the time to do it.

fidanza, or most any flywheel is fine.

clutch, well depends on your plans, if staying NA consider Clutchnet/Exedy.

i agree- upgrade :)

at least, run an ITR setup.
my vote for clutches goes to ACT.

run the stock ls crank pulley

crank pulley i would go with a stock one and not a lightened one there. but for flywhel i have a ITR and seems to be real nice. i lost 7 pounds and its not way too light. you dont want to sacrafice too much torque. my opinion is the ITR stuff is the way to go for that :spin:

i am in the middle of my lsvtec swap too and i bought gsr pistons and rods are the gsr rods better? will they fit right. please help :worthy: i am putting ctr pistons

if your going no PS then I might consider shaving off the extra weight from the crank pulley, but make sure to get it balanced.

Originally posted by DA69@Mar 14 2004, 06:54 AM
crank pulley i would go with a stock one and not a lightened one there. but for flywhel i have a ITR and seems to be real nice. i lost 7 pounds and its not way too light. you dont want to sacrafice too much torque. my opinion is the ITR stuff is the way to go for that :spin:

We have been over this before on this board. You will not lose torque with a lighter flywheel. Before you bring up F = MA remember that M will be decreasing but A will be increasing.

If you have the money go with the fidanza flywheel.

Originally posted by formby@Mar 21 2004, 09:25 PM
i am in the middle of my lsvtec swap too and i bought gsr pistons and rods are the gsr rods better? will they fit right. please help :worthy: i am putting ctr pistons

if you are using the LS crank in your lsvtec the gsr rods will be too long.

also, if you have a question please start your own topic.

Back