LsVtec headgasket...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, im building an lsvtec rigt now, and the head i have has already been bored for ls dowls, and tapped for the lsvtec oil supply. So, i dont need to buy a kit. I was just wondering what head gasket should i use, the LS or the GSR? And what exactly needs bored, the spot where the dowl pins go? Thanks.

i did and i used the b18a1 headgasket. I used the 3 layer felpro. some holes had to be bored a little wider to accomodate the b16 head.

you match the headgasket to the block. so, for LSVTEC you need a LS headgasket, you'll then have to have the original holes for the dowel pins bored a little more to accomodate the larger dowels in the b16 head.

Quoted post[/post]]
you match the headgasket to the block. so, for LSVTEC you need a LS headgasket, you'll then have to have the original holes for the dowel pins bored a little more to accomodate the larger dowels in the b16 head.

yeah i forgot that part as well. thanks for catching that Brian

Quoted post[/post]]
I have a ls/vtec with a B18B1 and a GSR head and I used a LS headgasket.
liar.... pictures please?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

you nailed it, but didnt clearify. no problem.

about the dowels. dont waste your money and time on machine work. goldeneagle sells the right dowels. the whole kit with everythnig is only 319 and requires NO machine work, not that you need to whole kit but just a headsup for everyone else.

gvcheaddowel_thumbnail.jpg

also for the headgasket they have one made. you need to cut holes open on the gasket itself. just call them up and ask them what they have and it costs $90

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Bri what do you want pics of??????? You said to use the LS gasket as well.....
What do you want from me mang????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

pm sent

good luck w/your build

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

pm sent

good luck w/your build

Woah, alot has happend. lol.

Ok, turns out my head i have was already tapped for lsvtec, and already bored in the right spots for the dowls (there is a specific location for the head dowls that you dont need to modify the headgasket for)

so my headgasket problem had already been solved before i knew it. lol.

Thanks for the info, and the good luck wishes. lol. Also anyone have a spare pr3 piston, or a set of p30's?

just got my lsvtec kit in from ge and it looks like its a b16 head gasket. its honda part# 12251-p30-014 if anyone needs pics lmk

a little too late :laugh: :laugh: i just sold my pr3's for like 65 bucks.

someone around here has some p30's i think. I'll keep my eye open

Back