magic gas tank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
so as far as I can Google my gas tank is 17 gallons on the S14, which is odd cause even when I take it down to the "E" I only get like 12 in the tank and it's full. Can someone give me a definitive awnser on my gas tank?

should be able to pour 17 gallons in there. you might have issues with the nozzle being too sensitive to the tank. I have never heard of anybody filling up and having those issues. do you use a different gas station each time?

Max i've ever put into my car is around 12 gallons :shrug2:

Your gas gauge is fucked up. Run that bitch until it dies, and then top it off all the way up to the gas cap. It'll fit 17 gallons.

If it doesn't, someone switched the gas tank.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Your gas gauge is fucked up. Run that bitch until it dies, and then top it off all the way up to the gas cap. It'll fit 17 gallons.

If it doesn't, someone switched the gas tank.

Maybe he has 5 gallons of sugar/rust sitting on the bottom of the tank?

true, it IS a nissan...

I've been living on my own not even making enough money to be able to afford the internet, but i just moved back in with my parents and started a way better job, so I'm back bitches... for good or ill.

i thought that was dohcvtec_accord at first...i almost had a heart attack. But welcome back person i dont know :laugh:

i don't recall the tanks being that big....

12 gallons seems right....

17.2 gallons in an S14.

Run about 300 miles, fill it up, figure your usage, and use the trip OD

Nissan SUCKS at making gauges that work.

thats a little lower than it should be... unless you drive an auto.

Anyway.... just go off your trip ODO and fill up at 300.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i don't recall the tanks being that big....

12 gallons seems right....

The most i have EVER put in is around 12.6 gallons on a NEAR EMPTY tank.

I dont care what google/internet know it alls say, my car wont hold another 4 gallons.

How do you know that the tank was near empty, unless you started coughing, then chances are the gauge might just be way off.

On both my del Sol and my civic, you could drive below the E on the gauge. I did fill up on time on my civic (which has an 11.9 gallon tank) and it took 11.83 gallons. Going 80 down the highway with cruise on, and all of a sudden the car studders and gives a caugh. Took it down to 55 and started praying. 8 miles down the road there was finally a gas station.

Quoted post[/post]]The most i have EVER put in is around 12.6 gallons on a NEAR EMPTY tank.
I dont care what google/internet know it alls say, my car wont hold another 4 gallons.
uhh..... dude.... I really REALLY dont care what you say. They hold atleast 17.

that is all.

its not like on the mirage. when the gauge works (1/2 the time its always at F) its deadly accurate. the gas light will actually come on to let you know you're almost out of gas, and the gauge will be reading perfectly full. don't ignore the warning though. if the gauge IS working, and you get within a sliver of E, the light comes on.

Back