Man fired for drinking a beer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its the same way if you work for pepsi or coke, if you are caught drinking a product owned by your competetor its grounds for termination. i had a disscusion about this the other day at work with one of the coke vendors.

Bullshit. Sue the fuck out of them. I work at my City's Water department, and I wouldn't get fired for drinking bottled water. That's just plain silly.

Unless he signs some kind of contract, there's no way they can terminate him for that. Hell, when I interviewed for a manager position with Anheuser-Busch back in November, the plant director asked me what my favorite beer was and I said "Shiner Bock". He was cool with that- said straight up before I answered that "it doesn't have to be one of our beers."

I also did a project for Ford, and tons of Ford employees drive non-Ford product- you don't see them being fired. Hell, one of the top level managers in powertrain engineering with GM has a Ford Bronco and a 3rd gen RX-7 as his primary cars!

:)

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 13 2005, 12:31 AM
I also did a project for Ford, and tons of Ford employees drive non-Ford product- you don't see them being fired. Hell, one of the top level managers in powertrain engineering with GM has a Ford Bronco and a 3rd gen RX-7 as his primary cars!

:)
[post=460276]Quoted post[/post]​

thats because ford and gm stopped giving their employees a discount. the guy i know at ford said when it comes time for a new car, hes not buying a ford because their to expensive on the salary he gets from them. talk about bullshit.

as for the beer thing, i say as long as you dont sign anything, you can do what you want.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 13 2005, 10:00 PM
thats because ford and gm stopped giving their employees a discount.
[post=460535]Quoted post[/post]​

Ford and GM both give discounts. My good freind here just did a internship with GM and just as an intern he got a nice discount on a nice grand prix GTP. Also all you here on comercials here in ford land (detroit area) are "a-z-d plan leases get an bonus introductery signing package" A plan and so on are diffrent deals on there cars for employees. Some of the deals are crazy like insurance and lease of a base miata or ford ranger for 200 a month.

About the beer thing, if he is wearing his uniform while drinking the bud light, then he can defently get in trouble, but if not, its bull shit, and if he sues, for sure he will win (unless he signs a contract) My teacher one day was wearing an Livonia Public Schools polo when he went to have a drink at the bar after school hours with a beer in his hand, someone took a picture of him, it ended up getting back to the admins and he got in serious trouble. If he would have worn the LPS shirt, he would have been fine.

Gm stills gives employee discounts to them and their families. I just used it about a month ago.

Miller doesn't even compete with Budweiser.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Feb 13 2005, 08:00 PM-->
thats because ford and gm stopped giving their employees a discount. the guy i know at ford said when it comes time for a new car, hes not buying a ford because their to expensive on the salary he gets from them. talk about bullshit.

You're smoking crack. Ford employees can all buy cars on the A plan, and they can extend X plan discounts to their family and friends. The same goes with GM.

Slammed89Integra
@Feb 13 2005, 10:55 PM
Miller doesn't even compete with Budweiser.
[post=460593]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

How so? They're direct competitors. When I was interviewing with Anheuser-Busch, they kept comparing the differences between all their products and the competing offerings from Miller...

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 14 2005, 10:52 AM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Feb 13 2005, 08:00 PM

You're smoking crack. Ford employees can all buy cars on the A plan, and they can extend X plan discounts to their family and friends. The same goes with GM.

well the ford dealership near me doesnt. i know that from the mouth of a car's salesmen and a couple of my friends that work in the garage. then the gm right next to it decided not to either. its complete bullshit. i was going to get a job at the ford dealership, but after they got rid of alot of the perks i decided not to.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Feb 14 2005, 10:09 AM
well the ford dealership near me doesnt. i know that from the mouth of a car's salesmen and a couple of my friends that work in the garage. then the gm right next to it decided not to either. its complete bullshit. i was going to get a job at the ford dealership, but after they got rid of alot of the perks i decided not to.
[post=460646]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, maybe the dealership doesn't... I guess since the dealerships aren't really a part of the corporate operation, they can do whatever they want. The people technically work for the dealership owner not Ford or GM. Everyone I know is in engineering or some other technical support inside of Ford/GM up in Detroit or some manufacturing plant. They all work directly for the actual company- dealership employees do not. When you buy a car on the Ford A plan or X plan, you don't really go through the dealership anyway- you order the car directly from Ford, then decide which dealership you're going to pick it up at. I don't think you can just walk up to a dealer and say "I want to buy that car on the A plan."

It's a local brew, but it's sold nationally. It's made in Shiner, TX- about an hour outside of Austin. Maybe I could ship a case up to you if you can't get it up in CT.

is that even legal? shipping alcohol across state lines??

i hate real beer, so i bet i won't like it. i'll drink bud lite, miller lite, and coors light. thats about it as far as beer goes.

I've got no clue if it's legal or not... if you prefer light beers, you probably won't like it anyway. It's a dark heavier beer. I'm not much of a beer drinker myself anyway- the extra crap that goes into beer tends to give me problems. I have to have more pure alcohol- vodka, tequila- anything clear. If I do drink beer though, it's usually a Shiner.

Back