Manual to auto conversion?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaishaku

So, since auto transmissions have way more torque and faster shifts i'm looking to install one in my race car. I figure, if domestic drag cars have been using them for decades it has to be a good idea! What parts will I need to accomplish this manual to automatic conversion?

April Fools :p

I just did an auto to manual conversion, that was alot of work when you combine that with an engine swap. I can't imagine going the other way around. I think most of the torque with the auto from a standstill tho isn't it? The auto is heavier, you need more cables to hook it up, wiring, shifter. Faster shifts yep, but would a manual use the torque curve better with the extra gears it has? And wouldn't you loose alot more power due to the torque converter? I would look into all that before I went the other way around.

Originally posted by cheese9988@Apr 1 2004, 01:57 AM
I just did an auto to manual conversion, that was alot of work when you combine that with an engine swap. I can't imagine going the other way around. I think most of the torque with the auto from a standstill tho isn't it? The auto is heavier, you need more cables to hook it up, wiring, shifter. Faster shifts yep, but would a manual use the torque curve better with the extra gears it has? And wouldn't you loose alot more power due to the torque converter? I would look into all that before I went the other way around.

it was a joke.

april fools = umm... april fools? <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back