Map sensor problem with B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

J240sx

I have a 92 EG Hatch with a JDM B16. My problem is that there are 2 map sensors. One is wired directly to the ECU and the other is from the wiring harness. Its a GSR harness and for some reason Vtec will only engage with the Map sensor that is directly from the ECU is hooked up. But the car will not idle and I have to rev it to keep it idling but Vtec is there so I don't mind. If i plug in the other sensor the car will idle just fine but Vtec won't engage. I've tried having the VTec Map plugged in to the Throttle Body, and the Wiring harness Map plugged into a sensor but just kinda hangin towards the back of the firewall. But the car will smoke bad and the car still won't idle and Vice Versa with the Sensors being plugged in the other route. I've thought about Splicing the two sensors together and making one but i'm not sure I want to go that route yet. Also I am running A P72 if that info is needed. Also Code 3 which is map is always on unless I go with the two sensors plugged in at the same time. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Back