Matrix Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
Matrix coilovers for a 1996 ex coupe....
should i get them?
Yes or no. and why or why not?

YES they are cheap (150.00) and YES im a broke ass college student.
would anyone NOT reccomend them?

thanks
 

asmallsol

Super Moderator
No end of story.

Do it right the first time, Matrix shit sucks, they never settle and they just make your car get lower and lower.

Save up for a little bit more and get some H&R springs or something of that quailty.
 

Tonyd0821

Banned
dude, this is exactly what i like about this forum....
people tell it like it is and dont bullshit around.

Thanks!!!

advice taken
 

Tonyd0821

Banned
ya i use my buddy's wholesale
shop discount
(it pays to have friends that own shops who sell u parts at their cost)

just was wonderin' if i could scrimp and save on the cheapest coilover but apparently not.

thanks
 

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Also look at getting some struts while your at it (toykios blues are fine if you dont want to spend alot of cash) Lowering on stuck structs can result in a bouncy ride and also you can blow them out quick (although some people have ridden 40k miles with stock struts and lowing springs)
 

Tonyd0821

Banned
Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 3 2003, 04:43 PM
Also look at getting some struts while your at it (toykios blues are fine if you dont want to spend alot of cash) Lowering on stuck structs can result in a bouncy ride and also you can blow them out quick (although some people have ridden 40k miles with stock struts and lowing springs)

is that the whole assembly? i havent yet looked at the suspension of the civic....

but in my old maxima, when i dropped it, i had to replace the entire assembly
 

asmallsol

Super Moderator
you can just throw springs on there but you will not be handling at your full potential.

is that the whole assembly


Whole assembly as in struts and springs? You can do only half of it but i would recomend going the whole distance and replaceing both.
 

vtecsir1

Senior Member
since your broke like most of us get some kyb gr2's and springs. good shock and they are cheap. i have them and like them alright.
 

liquid00meth

Senior Member
It depends how low your going down if you need new shocks/struts. I'd say if your going down less than 2, run it. but if your slamming the thing, you may want some adjustables, which are more chedda. so if your in college and poor like me, I'd say keep a conservative lowering. Besides, lower than 2in is pretty much all looks no added benefit.
 

Tonyd0821

Banned
Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 3 2003, 05:27 PM
It depends how low your going down if you need new shocks/struts. I'd say if your going down less than 2, run it. but if your slamming the thing, you may want some adjustables, which are more chedda. so if your in college and poor like me, I'd say keep a conservative lowering. Besides, lower than 2in is pretty much all looks no added benefit.

i have had 4 civics in the past 6 or so years and am sick of getting stuck on speedbumps. literally.

i dont like lowering the car because i never go fast around turns, and i like how the car rides stock.

- i know im getting old (27) but hey, to each his own...

but i just got some 2000 gsr rims and im looking to drop it only 2" to cover up the gap.

my car pic is in my gallery if u wanna see what im doing to it. or better yet,

click here to view it
 

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Very clean. Yea just find a sport spring kit that lowers it about 1.5 -1.75 inches.

BTW, instead of linking a pic, you can just type in [ IMG]the adress here[/IMG ] and just remove the spaces between the brakets
 

Tonyd0821

Banned
cool, i can put pictures in the post!!!
s3e62f2becc865.jpg
 

Prowler

Super Moderator
Matrix!!! For the love of God, stay away from THEM! They're awful. My car settled past 3.5" with those crap lowering springs. I'm still pissed about it. At least I sold them for $75
 

ALLJDM

Senior Member
Originally posted by karnash@Mar 3 2003, 08:27 PM
cool, i can put pictures in the post!!!
s3e62f2becc865.jpg

Are you planning on going offroading with that suspension setup? Damn you're sitting like a 4x4. I'll sell, NEUSPEED Lowering springs for $120+shipping. They'll fir that car!
 
Top