may come into some money

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sounds good b.... ill check on some pricing and let everyone know which one i choose! thanks for the ideas....
chris

well i have decided to got with the b16a1 with a LS trani and build up the bottom end for turbo... but im also gonna do the head package.... just for the comfort thing knowing everything is new and better... i think im also gonna put a shot of nitrous on it as well like a 75 shot.... This is gonna be fun.
If anyone has any suggestions on specific types of parts i should use let me know, such a turbo kit, rods, and such... thanks
chris

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 11 2002, 11:06 AM
sorry, but there is no way you will get an itr into there for 5 grand...

I called autozone for their remanufactured engines and there ITR's are $3000.

they sell type r motors at autozone??

Originally posted by crxracing77@Oct 15 2002, 09:18 AM
well i have decided to got with the b16a1 with a LS trani and build up the bottom end for turbo... but im also gonna do the head package.... just for the comfort thing knowing everything is new and better... i think im also gonna put a shot of nitrous on it as well like a 75 shot.... This is gonna be fun.
If anyone has any suggestions on specific types of parts i should use let me know, such a turbo kit, rods, and such... thanks
chris

the head package is desiged for NA dude.

With turbo, you want cams that have higer lift, near stock duration. NA cams will give you much more duration which will give you tons of wasted boost from overlap.

Everything might be new and better, but not for boost.

If you are going turbo, forget nitrous. you really won't fucking need it. 4th gear, 40 mph, half throttle it- and you will bake 4th. Don't belive me, ask wildbillhatchbac.

or... i got a buddy with an '89 hf with a fully built si motor (d16z6) and a 75 shot of juice. fully gutted interior, slicks, and a fading clutch (too lazy to change it) he ran a 13.2. imagine that- spanking all of your friends cars or pretty much all the cars in your town for about 2 grand. then sit on the rest of your money. peace.

ok so i will forget the nitrous..... and the head package... no biggy

Originally posted by B16@Oct 15 2002, 10:26 PM
they sell type r motors at autozone??

I don't think so, last time I checked with them about a rebuilt GSR motor it took me 20 minutes to explain to them that the LS and the GSR motors were different. After that they told me all they had was the LS motor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 15 2002, 10:19 PM-->
crxracing77
@Oct 15 2002, 09:18 AM
chris

the head package is desiged for NA dude.

With turbo, you want cams that have higer lift, near stock duration. NA cams will give you much more duration which will give you tons of wasted boost from overlap.

Everything might be new and better, but not for boost.

If you are going turbo, forget nitrous. you really won't fucking need it. 4th gear, 40 mph, half throttle it- and you will bake 4th. Don't belive me, ask wildbillhatchbac.

actually, skunk2 has a turbo head package, which does increase lift, but keeps almost stock duration with hardly any overlap... i suppose if you're really serious about it and have the cash, go for it :)

i found NOTHING on skunk2's website for non vtec.

link?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2002, 05:24 PM

link?

Head jobs are all custom anyway- I'm sure they'll do a non-VTEC head if you ask them to.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2002, 02:24 PM

link?

sorry, i thought we were talking about a vtec head :) my bad

couldnt you get a stroker kit for the B16, because the only diff between the 16 and the 18 is stroke?correct?

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Oct 17 2002, 01:45 AM
couldnt you get a stroker kit for the B16, because the only diff between the 16 and the 18 is stroke?correct?

It would probably be cheaper to buy an LS block and sell your B16. In any case, you could stuff the B18 crank/rods/pistons into your B16, but you'd probably have to raise the deck height a bit for everything to fit in happily.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 16 2002, 08:18 PM
we're talking LS here dude-- come on :)

wait a minute, didn't he say?

chris

the b16a1 is not an LS ;)

hey crxracing77, i would build a b18a or b18b for turbo. well IMO. It will cost less to buy the motor and swap it in and if you build up the bottom you could put decent amount of boost and produce good horsepower. A b16 will be okay but i think the ls turbo would be cheaper.

Back