Might be adding something to the fleet...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

87 Honda Civic CRX Si...autocrosser.
86 Honda Civic HatchBack Si...Daily Driver.
74 Datsun 260Z...Drifter.
90 Jeep Cherokee...Lawn Decoration.
95 Subaru Legacy L...Winter beater/wifes learning to drive car.
2005 Craftsman Riding Beer holder...to cut the lawn around the Jeep...
and use of the neighbors 89 Ford F150 XLT Lariat...to get supplies...but I'm looking for my own truck.

:ph34r:

Since the CRX is still waiting for it's rebuild...and the Z is a full blown drift car now...plus the jeep is dead....the poor little civic HB was the daily...now it sputtering at 3500rpms...and it just wants to die while driving it...so it was time to splurge a little and get something newer, AWD for the snow, automatic so the wife can learn to drive...and A/C...this summer was brutal. $1200 did the trick, got hte car home this morning...and the drive home showed only a wheel bearing needs replaced, and one tire needs balanced...but a very solid car...the shocks are a little soft and bouncy...but livable.

damn, nice.

of course, a subaru wouldnt be complete without BBS wheels.

cant see the pics, is RPR dying again?

the meineke shop down by you does a great job with wheel bearings. cheap, too :)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 19 2005, 10:48 AM
Since the CRX is still waiting for it's rebuild...and the Z is a full blown drift car now...plus the jeep is dead....the poor little civic HB was the daily...now it sputtering at 3500rpms...and it just wants to die while driving it...so it was time to splurge a little and get something newer, AWD for the snow, automatic so the wife can learn to drive...and A/C...this summer was brutal. $1200 did the trick, got hte car home this morning...and the drive home showed only a wheel bearing needs replaced, and one tire needs balanced...but a very solid car...the shocks are a little soft and bouncy...but livable.
[post=542400]Quoted post[/post]​

I really hate to say it man... but maybe its time to REDUCE your fleet.....

that's why I'm giving the Jeep away....

dammit i was gonna say to buy my brothers 96 legacy wagon... low 100k miles, but we paid 5500 for it, would like AT LEAST 4k...

ohhhhhhh myyy....

:ph34r:

legacy_f.jpg

don't you mean:

87 Honda Civic CRX Si... dead
86 Honda Civic HatchBack Si... dying, half dead
74 Datsun 260Z... really dead
90 Jeep Cherokee.. practically dead
95 Subaru Legacy L... not registered yet
2005 Craftsman Riding Beer holder...most reliable car in the fleet :p

:lol:

your not to far off..... :(

I had to keep the Civic in 4th all the way home today, hold the revs above 4K, with a few blips to 6K, just to keep the plugs from fouling out...and when the car goes below 1K rpm...it just dies...

I'm going to try swapping the cat, dizzy, O2 sensor, fuel filter today...in the hopes that it will run...it that doesnt help...then I got to swap heads from the CRX...if it's still in one piece...gawd...I'm starting to hate cars and my back.... :(

AND THE "STUPIDEST MOMENT FOR A MECHANIC" OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TOOOOOOOO........

me....

Pulled the fuel filter...it's been replaced at least once since 1986...so I put a new one on for safe measures....

and then while while doing the fuel pump..I knocked off the intake from the stock airbox, and didn't notice it...

Then I turned the key, checked for leaks...none...then started the car...it was running....

Then I noticed the intake tube was sitting there sucking air....and then I put it back to the airbox...and it died.

Then I took the airbox apart and found the filter just clogged.....so I noticed on the wall in my garage...there's an airfilter I bought that I never installed....... :bonk:

test drove the car...no more stumbles...no more high reving to keep it running...and it actually had some pep.... :p and I added a bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil to the engine....and topped off the water, installed new plugs, and topped off the oil for the engine...I might swap cats though....and the O2 sensor if it still runs like shit in a few days...hehe

is the civ still throwing a periodic CEL? probably the o2 sensor...

I said fugg it...I'll change out the igniter just to be safe...but then one of the screws is almost completely inaccessable...so I changed the whole damn dizzy....sounds a little bit better....then I went to look for the oil...and I can't find it anywhere...I guess steve loaded it up in his car at the drift event...so I'll have to grab a quart on the way to work tonight...ohh well

Tommorrow...I got suckered into looking at an Altima tranny problem...the japanese lady said fluid on ground, and tranny don't shift.....so that's my project in the morning....

and then the Z's problem will get looked into on wednesday...

but today was a friggen day to pass out for.... :cracks beer:

worked last night, did an RFI inspection on a blackhawk..
got home and installed a light pole on the front lawn, cement base yesterday...today was the leveling and wire job...done..and sweet looking.

did all that friggen work to the civic....

got out all my important documents and sorted out everything...

dropped the insurance on the Jeep, found out I'm still paying on the AE86...Added the suby, and in december...my rates will be $884.61 for 6 months on 4 cars...full coverage and colision an all...

got the house insureance straitened out with the mortage company...

and wetsanded the headlights on the the suby and polished them up...they were faded yellow since they are plastic...came out sweet....but they need to be aligned real bad...

:finishes first beer and cracks another:

:beer:

the results of the first tank of gas is..... 26.69 MPG....

Of course I have a lead foot..it's an auto...I haven't checked the tire pressures yet...half of those miles are with the A/C cranked on low...

so I guess it's very close to stock...and very close on the numbers...

Fuel economy: city/highway
All wheel drive: manual: 21/28, auto: 22/28
Fuel capacity - all models 15.9 gallons

And it does feel strange driving a normal car again... :huh:

Back