mini/nos-help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tom

need u guys help (i work at a ford dealer, but i drive a 93 si turbo)
before it was turbo charge the mustang guys us to want to race now they are scare
anyways i want to have some real fun. I want to built a mini- me on nos ( want to beat them with just a 1.5
have a d16z6 head could get a y8 head pretty cheap
can i run the stock bottom end with this ste-up
just need to run 13.8 the gts only can run 14s with good wider tires and intake

Holy skipped English 1101 batman! A D16Z6 to Y8 head IMO is a waste of money, and no, you cannot use the stock bottom to get a 13.8, I don't think u can use stock ANYTHING to get a 13.8.

u guys make it sound like 13.8 is hard to do
a friend of my in oakland ca has a friend that has a crx si that is shooting 80
the motor has been through hell with him but its still running hard it eats oil like gas and it smokes from the oil leak
still he sends gsrs in a hatch back home crying
the crx own never took it to the track but hes a street racer

theres a difference between just doing something and doing it right ... i wouldnt call a car that smokes , leaks and burns oil "done right" .... if your just looking to get the time and dont give a fuck about reliability go to the local hobby center get a gallon of nitro-methane (70 - 80%) and run that... youll nuke the hell out of the engine but it will be putting down like 300hp before it eats itself alive....

and by the way its called nitrous... NOS is a brand name of nitrous... NOS is not the next Kleenex or Q-Tip

and if you know so much about getting down to 13s in a honda, why are you asking US for help? sounds like a case of the "i need nos..lots of it..the big bottle..2 of them..by tonight.." if you're running an si-t, you should already be having no problem with stock stangs. and now that i look at it, since when did ANY Si come with a 1.5?!?! what r u talking about d00d, i sure as hell have no idea..

A mini me swap is only roughly 5hp over the stock Z6! This is because of the compression. Sounds like you just need to upgrade your turbo that you have right now! A mini me would be completely a waste of time and money for you!

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 28 2002, 12:59 AM
since when did ANY Si come with a 1.5?!?! what r u talking about d00d, i sure as hell have no idea..

the 5th gen civic si's(canadian) I believe came with the 1.5L VTEC's.

I also didn't know there was a 1.5L VTEC! heheh if canada's SiR= US Si and canada's Si = US EX, then his Si would STILL have a 1.6, right? I don't recall there ever being a 1.5VTEC.

i've personally seen a mini-me with a 50 shot run a 12.54 in 95 degree weather in a crx.

it all comes down to tuning..and d-series motors are cheap and easily replaceable...

chances are you're turbo isn't tuned that well, you should be able to stay with a mustang gt from a roll with 160whp...which iwould hope you can muster from a sohc vtec turbo.

if you can't, i'd say there are problems you need to address.

All of you guys talk about crx's running 1x.xxx but rexs are light as hell. True those numbers are impressive but it is in a crx, the si is alot heavier

look in the vehicle weights section on this site.

it shows the weight of each honda/acura within reason.

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 28 2002, 11:33 AM
I also didn't know there was a 1.5L VTEC! heheh if canada's SiR= US Si and canada's Si = US EX, then his Si would STILL have a 1.6, right? I don't recall there ever being a 1.5VTEC.

jdm d15b yO

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 28 2002, 10:33 AM

I think over in europe you can get a D14z2??? and the smallest motor is a d13?

i said they don t want to race my civic now that its turbo charge - u guysnow to learn how to read in stead of trying to clown in my leter i said i got a 1.5 block, should i use a z6 or a y8 v-tec head (i ask this because i heard the y8 is a higher compression one) anyways tell me something good. i have 86 integra rods and piston can i bor the 1.5 and install( the 86 integra rods are said to handle 225 hp in 1.6 dserice)

go with the Z6 head just use the Y8 gasket that will give you an 11.1:1 CR ... i know the 88-89 integra pistons work in the B7 block ... not 100% sure about the 86 stuff though

um nobody clowned you dillweed all that happened was that it was pointed out that an si couldn't be a 1.5l engine and a conversation ensued from there, so maybe YOU need to learn to read instead of saying stupid shit in your posts.

[Hello, and welcome to my post (2nd one)!]

Back