Mini Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bobo HC3D

Is there a way to do a head swap as to mount a D16 head on a D15Z6 engine? :worthy:

There is no D15Z6, it's a D16Z6 which already has vtec, or a D15Z1--either case, both of them have vtec, so I'm not sure what you are asking.

If you have a 5th gen, most likely you have a d15b7. You can get the z6 head and swap it, get the ECU, wire up vtec and have a mini-me.

BTW.. y8 head/IM is the best d-series head. Smaller Combustion chambers and the IM is called the "itr IM of the d-series".

Search for mini-me and you will get a LOT of threads on it.

would this work on the d15b2? i just baught an 89 civic hatch and i have less money left over than i expected :( so no zc and a b series is deff. out of the question.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 24 2003, 05:00 PM
There is no D15Z6, it's a D16Z6 which already has vtec, or a D15Z1--either case, both of them have vtec, so I'm not sure what you are asking.

BUT MY ENGINE IS A D15Z6 :rolleyes:
it has 114HP stock
check it on a honda web page
Soo i repeat my question .. would a D16 head would fit on my D15z6 block or whatever.
Thanx

he's right, he does have a d15z6. it's not listed in the ref. section, but it does exist. it came in 6th gen edm civic iLS's i believe. as for the question, there should be no problem swapping on a d16 head, although it probably won't yeild too high of results... if any. they're both sohc vtec heads. i don't know much about that engine, but i'm just assuming it's very similar to the d16z6 here in the states, the only difference might be the larger displacement of the d16.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Feb 25 2003, 01:11 PM
he's right, he does have a d15z6. it's not listed in the ref. section, but it does exist. it came in 6th gen edm civic iLS's i believe. as for the question, there should be no problem swapping on a d16 head, although it probably won't yeild too high of results... if any. they're both sohc vtec heads. i don't know much about that engine, but i'm just assuming it's very similar to the d16z6 here in the states, the only difference might be the larger displacement of the d16.

For sure I'll gain some torque.
Its also much cheaper than a complete swap.
also the engine serial numbers are not on the head so its cheaper to find some bargain engine on flee market.
Remember guys I live in Poland :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mrbogdan
have a look @ my ride

:blink: love the neon...
303448_6_full.jpg

swapping the head is a waste of time if you ask me.

consider swapping the cam and the computer. i bet thats most of the difference.

Back