mmm new mirage sextoys.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah. i shoulda just went evo 5 lug but i already worked out that i was going to use the 1.5 trans for the big motor someday, so the 4x114 and giant two piston brakes stay.

what all do you have for the awd swap?and what all do you still need?

AWD trans? shift linkage? clutch lines? clutch? rear knuckles/hubs?

Oi. You. You aren't allowed to talk about car parts until we see some new pictures of our favourite little car.

At least covered in some snow or something......

<3

Because it's parked under a tarp under a foot of snow and I have no where to work on it until I build myself a garage. Anyway, let's not jack this thread.

l_189457ffb7d24b1faa4258eb6ab0b1f2.jpg

Why such a large oil filter? The filter for my Z is the same size as the OEM honda filter.
Also the filter for my motorcycle is also tiny.

I'm not really sure I understand the idea of a big filter other then for it to take up more room?

Maybe it offers less resistance to the pump freeing up .3 HP?

Every little bit helps :)

It also probably lasts longer and has a higher capacity for trapping the crud in your oil.

Maybe it offers less resistance to the pump freeing up .3 HP?

Every little bit helps :)

It also probably lasts longer and has a higher capacity for trapping the crud in your oil.

If you have enough crud to get trapped in that giant filter, I would expect the motor to blow any day. Less resistance isn't always a good thing, you want the whole system to maintain a set pressure at x many rpms (depends on the motor) I know with the 07 GSX-R1000 the filter went to a smaller size then the the years before it, the dealership service guys were very clear about using the right filter since it had the right flow/pressure specs to make the motor happy, once again, it was smaller.

I really like remote oil filter systems since they can make life easy, my Z has a belly pan and it's a PITA since the filter almost always drains on it unless it's removed. but my god, that's a giant filter.

yeah this is a true and tried setup. previous owner decided he was going to part his car and grab an evo motor.

Just don't be a honda jackass and hook it up backwards, then rev it thinking that the oil pressure light is going to go off. Heh.

Your project sounds a lot like mine (plural), taking forever, but thought through completely.

its pretty self explanatory how the filter works. :p

well, its done. didnt have to cut anything. just grabbed the fenders and pulled as much as i could without breaking anything. got within about 1/4inch of the edge. going to finish it up with some flares someday.

l_f42658f46ccd49109020b28294cdd56f.jpg

l_1f3937031bd645f79c4a59f89469011f.jpg

oh and i picked this up somewhere today.

l_5cd40776d36149f981325ea6370dd7a7.jpg

Back