Monster Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dont know, but there must be something :p i know, it gets more HP - Litre ratio, haha...

:lol:
We can pretend it costs less. :unsure:

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 24 2003, 09:19 PM
Maybe not de-tuned, but it has less power so I figure it is detuned. What are it's advantages over the B18C spec R?

I am going to give you an answer that would apply to a domestic.. if it dont apply here..delete this :)

destroked motors rev higher for longer..

i.e. nascar chevy's use 377 stokers (destroked 400's) to rev to 9k all day.

Because of the valvetrain... and all brands pull that shit. Nissan uses it's same motor for the Altima, Maxima, and 350Z. De-tuned. The B16 rather, was misquoted rather than de-tuned. It stepped alot closer to the GSR than they wanted us to know.

Originally posted by cws13@Feb 24 2003, 06:31 PM
...and all brands pull that shit. Nissan uses it's same motor for the Altima, Maxima, and 350Z...

I know this has no relative point but don't forget the G35 on the Infiniti side as well, it too uses the same motor.

I thought you all knew that the B16B was really a B18C block? :blink: :blink: :blink:

300whp all motor on a B block isn't going to be easy to get!

B18C- really only because it has the built in crank girdle. The oil squirters help keep your pistons cooler too, which allows you to run higher compression and rev higher too.

That sounds correct to me. Mine was an A1.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Feb 25 2003, 05:04 PM
was it a first gen or second gen?
i think the A2 does but the A1 didn't, right? :unsure:

you must be right, because i have an a2, and it has oil squirters :) my bad

Back