Motor Swap Poll

What motor would be faster, in a 2dr 94 civic ex(5spd)

• b18b,rods, pistons,some fuel mods,turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ls/vtec,rods, pistons,some fuel mods,tu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mycivichasturbo

I plan on racing from 0-65, and 60-90.and i want it to be a daily driver.the mods i will have are, full exhaust,intake,fuel rail,regulator, fuel pump,cam gears pulleys,pistons, maybe rods, and turbo.

with the choices listed id vote for the B18B turbo
replace the LS/VTEC/T with a GSR/T and id vote for that .... the only way a LS/VTEC is a good choice is if you already have an LS otherwise it will cost you more than the GSR would.... or do a B20/VTEC/T ($$$$)

I voted b16/t setup b/c after seeing Jeffie7's car.. i'm never doubting the "tqless wonder" again. I know he has more then his fair share of shit done, but its still a badass car, he is still on stock cam gears and cams!! :)

In an idea world i'd say LS/VTEc turbo although I dont think ls/vtecs are a not good idea to begin with, a bottom end that was never designed to rev high reving at 8000+ RPM :( then with turbo I dont think it would be worth the $$ at all or reliable, but it still gets my vote b/c its got VTEC+ 1.8L displacement.

I agree with an earlier post: replace the LS/VTEC with a GSR and it would definitely get my vote B)

GSR=Turbo $$$$

LS/VTEC = Turbo $$$

B16A + T = fast
B18B + T = faster
B18C + T = fastest :)
LS/VTEC + T = not worth it

Originally posted by luVTEC@Mar 13 2003, 04:29 PM
In an idea world i'd say LS/VTEc turbo although I dont think ls/vtecs are a not good idea to begin with, a bottom end that was never designed to rev high reving at 8000+ RPM :( then with turbo I dont think it would be worth the $$ at all or reliable, but it still gets my vote b/c its got VTEC+ 1.8L displacement.

I agree with an earlier post: replace the LS/VTEC with a GSR and it would definitely get my vote B)

GSR=Turbo $$$$

LS/VTEC = Turbo $$$

B16A + T = fast
B18B + T = faster

If properly tuned, wont the B16a make more power then the B18b?

Originally posted by preluderjs+Mar 15 2003, 03:58 AM-->
@Mar 13 2003, 04:29 PM

GSR=Turbo $$$$

LS/VTEC = Turbo $$$

B16A + T = fast
B18B + T = faster

If properly tuned, wont the B16a make more power then the B18b?

yes

Of what you listed I say B18B/T. B16A is 1.6 liters of VTEC and LS/VTEC is 1.8 liters of VTEC. B18B is 1.8 liters of a motor built the way it was supposed to be built and with certain precautionary mods it'd do better than the other two.

i would do the b18b/t and run an ITR tranny.
for short bursts, you will love it.

traction, is a different story

turbo = traction problems

the way it always be. back to yer poll, i'd go ls/t in terms of money, if you have money, go b16/t. it all comes down to how much money you got or willing to spend.

from your choice: B18B/turbo all the way.

my choice = H22 turbo = :D

sorry guys, I still love that H-series.

Back