Motorex owner Jailed...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, the owner of Motorex, Nanahoshi Hiroaki, 33, was arrested Thursday and booked into the L.A. County Jail. He is being held on $1 Million bail.

Hiroaki's initial appearance is scheduled for Wednesday of this week.

Hiroaki and Motorex came to the recognition of Nissan enthusiasts in the US as they became the only Registered Importer legally authorized to legalize Skylines for US use. As Motorex was able to comply with stringent US crash-testing requirements, they petitioned the courts to protect their interest in the Skyline market by "locking out" other would-be importers from the list of necessary modifications.

Not only did this give Motorex a corner on the market for legal Skylines, it also allowed them to command a premium price for each legalized car. Motorex-prepped Skylines can fetch upwards of $50,000. While making loads of money, Motorex also made loads of enemies.

According to sources, the lease to the Motorex facility has been overdue for months, and is now locked out by the landlord.

The US Department of Transportation has offically rescinded importation eligibility for both the R32 and R34 Skylines, only 96-98 R33 Skylines are still eligible to be imported.

Stay tuned - We'll keep you updated on the latest news as it becomes available.

http://nicoclub.com/news.shtml

-- I guess he duped the feds in the requirements on the R32 & R34...

I heard on another forum he was badgin s13's as r32's etc.
He tried to dupe the feds but got caught . No more skylines, atleast till some one else wants to try..

One MILLION Dollars

Why so much? Wouldn't it be great if California had to follow a constitutional amendment that stated "Fair and reasonable" punishments?

I mean late on your rent = jail time+$1,000,000/California. Holy shit.

I hate California. I hate California. I hate California.

Quoted post[/post]]
One MILLION Dollars

Why so much? Wouldn't it be great if California had to follow a constitutional amendment that stated "Fair and reasonable" punishments?

I mean late on your rent = jail time+$1,000,000/California. Holy shit.

I hate California. I hate California. I hate California.

Obviously they're just holding him until the feds bust him on a slew of federal charges for his lack of accordance with the crash testing laws.

yesterday i saw one on my way to work...i love that car

well if you find any free mirage's send them my way :)

i know its from 99. its also something not sold in the US.

you're missing the point

also, a 99 STi *might* do close to that...those old 2.5 RS front ends were pretty friggin nice looking (vs. our bugeye WRX's and new STI's)

The only magazine test that tested the first gen JDM Impreza WRX (I guess.. the STi, with the manual sprayer, 555 motor, etc. The real one) was a comparo against the Firebird WS6 in a 1/4 mile. Both were about 8 pounds per horse.

Its called Florida . . . you can drive anything there.

Most states have regs that make it tough to get a skyline on the road.

these are federal regulations... ie: federal crash test data...

Back