mugen replica* valve cover's cheap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ran across this on egay and that it seemed like a pretty good deal for a new valve cover, it's a mugen replica.i was looking for a tenzo valve cover but i came across this pretty cheap i think im going to get it,what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...sspagename=WDVW

i bought one...they're ok, not great fitting, just use hondabond instead of that rubber gasket....

but really, there is zero power gains with a mugen valve cover. the only reason to get one is to be able to say 'hey, i spent $800 on a mugen valve cover'...and if you get a cheap replica, thats pretty much the same as having a DOHC VTEC valve cover on an LS...you're advertising something you don't have.

Originally posted by civicious@May 15 2004, 09:42 AM
i bought one...they're ok, not great fitting, just use hondabond instead of that rubber gasket....

but really, there is zero power gains with a mugen valve cover. the only reason to get one is to be able to say 'hey, i spent $800 on a mugen valve cover'...and if you get a cheap replica, thats pretty much the same as having a DOHC VTEC valve cover on an LS...you're advertising something you don't have.

yeah i dont just want it because it looks cool.my current valve cover is shot to hell.all the black is scraped off and the paint the importer used to mark the engine is embedded into the valve cover were all the scratches are.I was going to paint it black again until the die grinder got away from me and dug a long fat gash into it.it didnt go through but it kjust doesnt look to pretty.i figured hey its about the same as a new stock b16 cover so what the hell. and were can i get honda bond from?

Get Hondabond from any honda dealer. Don't substitute silicone grey for it, it doesn't work. Some guys I know told me they are the same, but oil was coming out all over the place. You are probably still going to need the gasket, but just use Hondabond on top of that. I used a coppercoat sealant for my mazda's valve cover, and it worked good too. Messy out of the spray can, but it worked. No leaks.

Back