My ITR block is bored over...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

Ok, so I aquired an ITR block from a friend, and the person that he bought it from had the block bored. Luckily for me, the size of the bore had been lost in translation. Well now I am in the market for pistons and needed to know the size so that I can purchase my pistons this week. I got the tool to measure and came out with these results.

Cylinder ------- Bore

Stock ------------- 81.000mm

1 ------------------ 83.464mm
2 ------------------ 83.566mm
3 ------------------ 83.5406mm
4 ------------------ 83.185mm

Now, engine building guru's, are these bores percise enough to buy pistons for, and if so what size, or should I take the block somewhere to have them bored to a more equal size. Please help. Any feedback is appriciated.

If this block has not been sleeved, and is the stock block bored to 83mm then you may as well get it sleeved because it is no good. The most you would ever want to go on a stock block would be 82mm. Also each cylinder is not the same, another issue, but a moot point.

Hmmmm.... I have heard different. No this block is not sleeved, and if it is no good after this bore size, then why would someone CONCIOUSLY bore it that big? I am new to this, and correct me if I am wrong, but I know a guy, and have seen the recipts for the work, that had his H22 stroked to a 2.8 litre. NOT SLEEVED. So if he can bore his 2.2 liter out .6 litres, then why can't my B18 be bored to a 1.9 litre? :hmm:

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 9 2004, 09:17 PM
Hmmmm.... I have heard different. No this block is not sleeved, and if it is no good after this bore size, then why would someone CONCIOUSLY bore it that big? I am new to this, and correct me if I am wrong, but I know a guy, and have seen the recipts for the work, that had his H22 stroked to a 2.8 litre. NOT SLEEVED. So if he can bore his 2.2 liter out .6 litres, then why can't my B18 be bored to a 1.9 litre? :hmm:

because stroking has nothing to do with the bore size.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 9 2004, 08:17 PM
I am new to this

Stroking a motor is using a different crank and rods, to get more displacement.

A stock block that has a bore of 83.5mm is junk. It will end up blowing up rather quickly, because there is not enough cylinder wall material left to prevent them from cracking. You can go ahead and try it, but what do I know.

You guys are serious. This block is no good anymore?

Then my question to you is to why someone would've bored the block that large in the first place? Not trying to assume anything or accuse anyone of being wrong, because if anyone is, its me, but my block seriously isn't good enough to be used anymore, without sleeving it?

Please help, I am like 1 paycheck away from having this motor run finally and now if I have to sleeve it.... this is going to take forever....

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 11 2004, 03:41 PM
You guys are serious. This block is no good anymore?

Then my question to you is to why someone would've bored the block that large in the first place? Not trying to assume anything or accuse anyone of being wrong, because if anyone is, its me, but my block seriously isn't good enough to be used anymore, without sleeving it?

Please help, I am like 1 paycheck away from having this motor run finally and now if I have to sleeve it.... this is going to take forever....

as Calesta alluded to what you should do, the guy that previously owned it probably was boring it and never got back around to resleeving it...

either that or he was just fucking around seeing where the point of no return was on the block.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jul 11 2004, 01:41 PM
this is going to take forever....

forever seems to be the correct word of choice for most of the projects happening on hondaswap...including mine. :(

either that or he was just fucking around seeing where the point of no return was on the block.

If that's the case this person has no soul.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si+Jul 11 2004, 03:55 PM-->
@Jul 11 2004, 01:41 PM
this is going to take forever....

forever seems to be the correct word of choice for most of the projects happening on hondaswap...including mine. :(

If that's the case this person has no soul.

:werd: and :werd:

DS-200-014 DARTON REPLACEMENT SLEEVE:B18-81mm $38.25 EA
from www.raceeng.com
if you want to fork over the extra money...which i know you said you dont have. they have a MID kit which makes the bottom end pretty much bullet proof.

Ok. This might work, but could you explain the replacement sleeves to me, if you know? Are they just like the OEM Honda sleeves that original come in the block, and how would I go about getting them installed? Also, that is a good price for the Mid-Sleeve, thats the cheapest I have seen.

Back