My new 2010 Subaru WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

should be about 3 weeks cause the only warehouse that could ship it out together (im guessing the tires were the holdup) wont get the wheels until 3/11. est delivery for 3/15-3/16.

yes TIRES he is waiting for WHEELS.
What were you saying now? If other warehouses had the wheels ready to go, tires could be shipped faster than wheels generally speaking.

BTW, they got rim shipments from all manufacturers daily too. Special orders a few days later. Not knocking them, just saying its weird since they have like 5 more distribution centers.

Last edited:
hm. that statement just sound weird.

im guessing the tires were the holdup, but wont get the wheels until 3/11.

ok, sorry for the confusion. ill clarify.

on tirerack.com both the tires and wheels are "instock"
only one warehouse had the tires instock (in DE), all the other warehouses were backordered.
only one warehouse had the wheels instock (in IN), all other warehouses (including DE) expected availability 3/11

so i placed my order to ship out of the DE warehouse, which was cheapest anyway. so they have the tires, but wont get the wheels there til 3/11. so i guess the wheels were the "holdup" but i had no choice to do it this way because of tire availability. complicated.

pics. i also recently got a 30% (film) tint.

IMG_0388.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG

current mods.

Epic Engineering lowering springs (~1" drop)
Whiteline 22mm rear sway
Kartboy solid sway endlinks
Kartboy short shifter with poly bushings
17x8 +48 OZ Alleggerita wheels
245/40/17 Continental ExtremeContact DW

i also have some Koni sport shocks, just havent gotten around to installing them. and the next thing will probably be a 24mm front sway bar. but ill wait a little while. i have to fix the drivers side skirt (damn curb) and im going on vacation in a few weeks. longer term future will be to start replacing suspension bushings with poly and stiffer engine/trans mounts.

:thumbsup:

i still woulda went with the orange ones... or DOT green :D

looks good though :)

I'm diggin it. Looks like it could be dropped another inch maybe, but I'm sure you'd sacrifice some ride quality.

I'm diggin it. Looks like it could be dropped another inch maybe, but I'm sure you'd sacrifice some ride quality.
yeah, and handling. this is a daily driver, and i drive through winters here. so i need the suspension travel. if i dump it, ill have almost none, and ground clearance will go to shit, i hit some rather large bumps on my way to work every day. my goals for this car are simple. improve looks and handling a bit, keep it clean and running forever. so far going well :)

E, i know you had your heart set on those orange ones, i just couldnt do it though lol. too bright. maybe in the future if this ever becomes a track car lol.

E, i know you had your heart set on those orange ones, i just couldnt do it though lol. too bright. maybe in the future if this ever becomes a track car lol.

when i want to change up the look on my car, i'll usually search for a set of oem wheels with tires on craigslist or something. then i'll paint them a crazy color.

it's easy to find oem wheels or wheels that are curbed but still have good tires. grind 'em out and powder coat them and you can have some cool wheels for cheap.

another. sorry its kinda blurry, iphone takes shitty low light photos. i need a DSLR :(

IMG_0403.JPG

well, i know i dont need a DSLR to take better pics than my iphone, but to get some of the shots i want lighting wise, you really cant do it easily with the smaller cameras. if you have good light already, point and shoot will work, but low light, you really need a DSLR to get a nice shot, and the flashes on point and shoots are terrible. IMO at least.

new wheels!

Work Emotion CR Kai
17x9 +44
Bronze
~20lbs ea.

stumbled upon a guy on NASIOC who had a set of these unclaimed from a custom order with Work. the size and color were exactly what i wanted so i jumped on it. i loved my gold wheels, and they were a lot lighter than these, but i think these look a little better and the size is more what i wanted in the long run. being a non-lip wheel, they look larger and have that nice concave look because of the width/offset. and still doesnt rub (that ive noticed).

IMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0501.JPG

IMG_05021.JPG

Back