My New Swap Is Throwing Ecu Codes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

Howdy guys,

Ok heres what the deal is. I just swapped in a B18b1 into my 95 civic and my engine check light has been on since I finished the swap. Here are the codes it throw:

Code 3 - MAP sensor
Code 7 - TPS sensor...I just replaced it yesterday, I just put it in...did I miss anything?
Code 10 - IAT (Intake air temp) Sensor
Code 14 - IAC (EACV) Idle air control valve

Could you guys please help me figure out what I should do now. I am all good when it comes to parts...but electronics are my weakness. Thanks in advance guys!! You're the best!!!! :beer:

Originally posted by beau_safken@Apr 3 2003, 06:09 PM
Howdy guys,

Ok heres what the deal is. I just swapped in a B18b1 into my 95 civic and my engine check light has been on since I finished the swap. Here are the codes it throw:

Code 3 - MAP sensor
Code 7 - TPS sensor...I just replaced it yesterday, I just put it in...did I miss anything?
Code 10 - IAT (Intake air temp) Sensor
Code 14 - IAC (EACV) Idle air control valve

Could you guys please help me figure out what I should do now. I am all good when it comes to parts...but electronics are my weakness. Thanks in advance guys!! You're the best!!!! :beer:

You probably have the Map and TPS backwards. Check the connections.

And you probably have the IAT and IAC backwards as well.

Make sure you have them routed properly along the manifold to be sure the right plugs are in the right places.

Remember to clear your ECU after you get codes.

Originally posted by beau_safken@Apr 3 2003, 06:26 PM
what do you mean backwards?? Like Map and TPS sensor wires are on the wrong sensors??

Like you plugged the MAP wires in the TPS and the TPS in the MAP.

ok here is my take on it... the eacv and the air temp, plugs need to be reversed, so unplug your battery and reverse them, then double check your vaccum lines, because that is what caused me to throw MAP sensor codes, when i did my MPFI swap... also did you calibrate your new TPS, that could be causing it to throw codes...
Good Luck man and i hope you can fix it...

if you can connect the TPS and MAP sensor wires backwards i'd be very impressed . .. they are different connectors. .. anyway did you clear the codes and see which ones were reset?

look for me on AOL if you want some help . . . i don't have the time to type diag info for 4 different codes. . :(

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Apr 3 2003, 06:59 PM
if you can connect the TPS and MAP sensor wires backwards i'd be very impressed . .. they are different connectors. .. anyway did you clear the codes and see which ones were reset?

look for me on AOL if you want some help . . . i don't have the time to type diag info for 4 different codes. . :(

How much money you give me if I can reverse them???

Well Bill I reversed them using nothing but my mind!! LOL, They are the same connector and I reversed them and the the IACV and IAT sensor, but when I reversed the IACV and IAT sensors the car idled at 2k rpms and died completly when the engine was warmed up. Any ideas?

hey, i have a question too. i swapped a b16a1 into my 89 crx dx & i'm gettin 7 for tps & 14 for eacv/iac..... my car wont rev past 2400, it just surges. am i in limp mode & if so, how in hell can i get it to run?

Back