my new wheels

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rage 5.0's (made by konig for americas tire) 14x6's with 185/60's. they look even nicer than i thought they would. :)

s3e05155904544.jpg

s3e051cb410893.jpg

s3e0514d9af3a9.jpg

s3e0516a648b04.jpg

here's a before pic
s3de4040328f33.jpg

thanks u guys!! yea, all i need is a b16 :)

i didnt get 15"s cause they stick out of the wells...which i think looks ghetto. the 14"s fill my wells perfectly and are just 11lbs each.

regarding the taillights: they're plain old usdm. the "cr-x" and other markings are custom. i made them myself. i will be making the hondaswap.com stickers for the site too.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Dec 22 2002, 10:45 AM
i didnt get 15"s cause they stick out of the wells... are just 11lbs each...

like knowledge said... it's all about the offset y0! and your 14" smay be a couple pounds lighter than the comparable 15"s, but that extra inch of sidewall probably weighs just as much if not more as an extra inch of wheel.

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Dec 23 2002, 07:09 AM-->
rixXxceboy
@Dec 22 2002, 10:45 AM
i didnt get 15"s cause they stick out of the wells... are just 11lbs each...

like knowledge said... it's all about the offset y0! and your 14" smay be a couple pounds lighter than the comparable 15"s, but that extra inch of sidewall probably weighs just as much if not more as an extra inch of wheel.

the 15's are less an inch of sidewall, but they add an inch of tread...and tread is alot heavier than sidewall, so u get heavier tires AND heavier rims.

there is also the rotational mass equation which basically says a larger rim will require more power to turn than a smaller rim of the same weight. (the rotating mass of a 15" wheel is further from the center/hub than the mass of a 14" wheel)

mlm. ouch. :owned: oh well, the 15's still look better :p ... 14" is too small IMO. and the extra tread is a good thing, at least it gives you extra grip. what does the extra sidewall give you??? a better ride??? who cares :)

yes, it's true that 15's would look better, but i only have about 50whp so weight was my biggest concern. the main reason i got alloy wheels was to improve my car's acceleration...and they sure do! :D those are 5lb.s lighter than my steelies. each pound of rotating weight is equivalent to 3.?? pounds of static weight, so 5lb.s x 4 wheels x 3 = the effect of a 60lb. weight reduction :) thats a formula i learned from my mountain biking days.

1lb rotational mass = 10lbs static in a car.... you just effectivly dropped 200lbs from your car

Back