My Poor Engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

Hey guys, I have a huge problem. I was traveling down the interstate at about 60 mph and I go to hit the gas and realize that I am lacking power. I realize that my engine is misfiring like crazy. So I get off the interstate and by this time it is knocking like a mother. So I am like WTF? I cut the engine and park it. Under the hood the PC valve is disconnected and the ignition wire for the 3rd cylinder is also disconnected. There is oil in every cylinder and everytime I connect the 3rd ignition wire and start it the damn thing comes back off. I think I have a bent valve and a possible cracked piston. What do you guys think?

Peace*

Yes, we do Type Rob: I think I will have to order a new engine tomorrow or the day after. I am still checking it out though. I will probably put an F22B in there. Any other comments I am open to hear.

Peace*

mayday mayday....calling all experts, calling all experts! we have a serious engine break down here.......call vicious motorsports for rebuilt......(if possible)

ok calm down. it could just be a bad ignition wire boot. think about it...what happens when one cylinder isnt getting a spark? answer: lack of power, big time knocking. could just be you need new spark plug wires! :D

Is it possible for ignition wires just to be bad from the factory? I have only had these ignition wires for about 10,000 miles maybe a little less. What would make the ignition wire shoot out everytime you start the engine though? Could it be a bent valve because it sounds like the valves are knocking?

Peace*

we are gonna need a list of all mods on the car, make and model, engine code, how many miles. valves don't just bend. were you in first gear when you were doing sixty and decided to hit the gas? j/p

The car is a 1990 Honda Accord LX with 119,000 miles on it. F22A1 with a F22B tranny (the car is an automatic by the way). I have intake, exhaust, and Skunk2 adjustable cam gear. The Cam is adjusted to the factory setting. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Peace*

Originally posted by 2fastaccord@Feb 26 2003, 03:25 PM
Is it possible for ignition wires just to be bad from the factory?  I have only had these ignition wires for about 10,000 miles maybe a little less.  What would make the ignition wire shoot out everytime you start the engine though?  Could it be a bent valve because it sounds like the valves are knocking?

Peace*

well, i noticed you mentioned oil in the cylinders. if u mean at the bottom of the spark plug shafts, then you just need to replace your valve cover gaskets. there is a gasket at the top which keeps oil from geting in those shafts. this happened to me too and it soaked the plug boots with oil. in fact, my one boot kept popping off too.

yea, it sounded like a valve knock in my case too (when the boot came unplugged). it just sounds like you have a f***ed up wire boot that won't hold.

When I first got my car, it had some blue (probably stock) ignition wires. I noticed that one of the boots didn't stick down properly, and ordered some NGK plug wires (cause thats what Honda ships with) I got those and put them in and the same thing was happening. Finally in desperation I took some silicon gasket sealant and sealed the wire on there properly. Now it never moves.

Back